Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Sin-City-A-Dame-to-Kill-For-Banner.jpg

So disappointing. A Dame To Kill is one of the stand-out stories of Sin City but Rodriguez has gone so far off the rails this couldn't be saved. Repetitive and boring action scenes (here's Miho cutting off four more heads, oh, let's show Marv punch another eight people again), lazy green screen (remember when Sin City had an actual atmosphere to it) and all-original stories that don't make sense continuity-wise.

0.jpg

Philip Seymour Hoffman's swan song. :wow:

He drops a captivating performance as a burned out German spy who tries to crack a big case regarding covert al-Qaeda funding through a long term game of manipulation of small time targets, but has to deal with rivaling agencies who want direct results and arrests so they can show off how much they're ensuring the safety of the free world without getting a single step closer to the real masterminds. People of explosions, gun fights and other things resembling action can stay home, even more so than Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (also based on a John Le Carré novel) this is about backdoor deals, talking with people, talking to other people, getting those people together for another backdoor deal and so on and so on. If you're willing to commit yourself to the case though, the tension grows and grows as the pieces are being moved across the board and you hope they can pull it off, for the sake of everyone involved.

I'd say the only thing that works against the movie is that Rachel McAdams' ass is so noticeably great it becomes a genuine source of distraction, but while it worked against the movie, it still worked for me. :blessed:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Life Of Crime

some joint with Mos Def and Jennifer Anniston
pretty good
funny
Mos Def characters always be having these funny ass voices lol

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Amazing Spider-man 2. Personally, I think it was better than the first one. Don't see why people on here bashed it so much because like I just stated, it's better than the first one.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Gandhi - very well made biopic, great performance from Kingsley, but doesn't hold its entertainment for all 3+ hours unfortunately

Harvey - feels dated, but it's a great Stewart performance and has enough going on to make it worthwhile.

223/250 :mjpls:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The Game :obama:

it was the only fincher i hadn't seen(no interest in alien 3)..had had catch up before Gone Girl

• Dap
Reactions: hex