Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
35462795_so.jpg

The ultimate opportunist :lolbron: Such a scumbag character that almost had you rooting for him to the end.

Great movie.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

jennifer connelly looking fine as hell is the only good thing about this. john hughes wrote it but he said they ruined it and he wanted his name off of it. the movie was stupid but the two leads are actually good actors anyway. decent soundtrack

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Scream+2022.jpg

Watched the newest Scream on Paramount+. Thought it was pretty fun throughout, although it is meta as hell. Dylan Minnette will always be Jack's son from Lost to me. New batch was cool, but nothing like seeing the OG's of the franchise.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
our_kind_people_1280x1280.jpg

Don't watch much broadcast television shows like I used to but I enjoyed this :ehh:

Yaya in those jeans and dresses :whoo:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Watched 2 Hou Hsiao-hsien last night

MV5BMjQ1MjQ5MDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIwMTEwNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

While I loved how it was shot and understood that the story was supposed to be fragmented and told from the perspective of a teenage girl trying to be the glue of her fracture family while on the verge of growing up, it couldn't keep my interest. A little after halfway, I just got bored as hell. I appreciate what it was going for though.

151PeQFpH1T0FhvSuT1k9nyClFS9OA_original.jpg

This was also told in fragments but was done much better to me. Then again, the inner workings of a Chinese brothel in the 1800s sounds more interesting off top lol. This was pretty good but actually rather depressing. Ol boy didn't care at all for those gatherings (with the most melancholic face ever) at all, he just wanted to lay with a broad and smoke opium all night. He even tried to find love but to no avail. He ended up just as depressed as he was in the beginning. A fascinating watch. The way this was shot was damn near hypnotic.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched 2 Hou Hsiao-hsien last night

MV5BMjQ1MjQ5MDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjIwMTEwNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

While I loved how it was shot and understood that the story was supposed to be fragmented and told from the perspective of a teenage girl trying to be the glue of her fracture family while on the verge of growing up, it couldn't keep my interest. A little after halfway, I just got bored as hell. I appreciate what it was going for though.

151PeQFpH1T0FhvSuT1k9nyClFS9OA_original.jpg

This was also told in fragments but was done much better to me. Then again, the inner workings of a Chinese brothel in the 1800s sounds more interesting off top lol. This was pretty good but actually rather depressing. Ol boy didn't care at all for those gatherings (with the most melancholic face ever) at all, he just wanted to lay with a broad and smoke opium all night. He even tried to find love but to no avail. He ended up just as depressed as he was in the beginning. A fascinating watch. The way this was shot was damn near hypnotic.

where did you watch Flowers of Shanghai? did see it online

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
where did you watch Flowers of Shanghai? did see it online
Criterion bluray rip I downloaded way back when therci finally got around to watching.

It should be available to stream on the Criterion Channel officially.