Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
MV5BNGJlMTVlYWQtYmM5OC00MDgwLTk3NzAtMGViY2VjOGU0YjlkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

@mbewane :mjlol:

I can barely quantify this shyt :russ:

Lol I hear you breh, people were trying not to laugh out loud when I saw it in the movies :mjlol:

Kind of feel for her because she's obviously talented (I actually randomly met her years ago in the train, seemed quite humble too) but looks like she was doing waaaay too much with this one :francis:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Lol I hear you breh, people were trying not to laugh out loud when I saw it in the movies :mjlol:

Kind of feel for her because she's obviously talented (I actually randomly met her years ago in the train, seemed quite humble too) but looks like she was doing waaaay too much with this one :francis:
Did anybody walk out in your screening? Because there were a lot of moments I could see folks going :hubie:.:pachaha:

It felt like a love letter to the early Cronenberg films in some ways. I still don’t know how I feel about the movie, but I kinda regret not seeing it in theaters. Whoever was in charge of the sound design deserves the awards.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Did anybody walk out in your screening? Because there were a lot of moments I could see folks going :hubie:.:pachaha:

It felt like a love letter to the early Cronenberg films in some ways. I still don’t know how I feel about the movie, but I kinda regret not seeing it in theaters. Whoever was in charge of the sound design deserves the awards.

Nah no one walked out. To put it in perspective : I live in Paris, she had just won the Palme d'Or in Cannes and is seen as one of the new faces of french cinema, so I guess people were more patient with the movie than they would've been otherwise. But people were indeed confused at the end. And to be honest it does have clear visual and sound qualities, and the acting is mostly on point, so it's enough to keep you interested. But it's still a very strange trip lol

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Nah no one walked out. To put it in perspective : I live in Paris, she had just won the Palme d'Or in Cannes and is seen as one of the new faces of french cinema, so I guess people were more patient with the movie than they would've been otherwise. But people were indeed confused at the end. And to be honest it does have clear visual and sound qualities, and the acting is mostly on point, so it's enough to keep you interested. But it's still a very strange trip lol
I think the added benefit of being shown after Cannes was canceled in 2020 helped as well. Don't worry, I'm freestyling that reason just like the director did for most of this. :mjlol:

I want to say it won for originality but Crash gave it a theme to run with, and actually made more sense as fukked up as it was. Raw was better and I wish Garance Marillier had a bigger role in this.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
know what my next watches are but 2 Gods is a bit more difficult to come by

Peeped it on Mubi and was blown away:wow:. Far from a Muslim, but I beat it in my wife's head the wonders of such a religion especially on the level of a man trying to find right in this wicked world.

mbewane

Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I think the added benefit of being shown after Cannes was canceled in 2020 helped as well. Don't worry, I'm freestyling that reason just like the director did for most of this. :mjlol:

I want to say it won for originality but Crash gave it a theme to run with, and actually made more sense as fukked up as it was. Raw was better and I wish Garance Marillier had a bigger role in this.

:lolbron:

Took me a moment to realize "Raw" is the english title for "Grave" lol. But yeah it was def better.