Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMTFiYjFiM2ItZmI2Zi00ODI2LTk5ZjYtYzc1OTIxOGNjYTI3L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Soundtrack was an absolute treasure trove of samples :wow:

Oh and the movie was decent too :ehh:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
images

...aside from setting it in 98 and showing the RE Mansion this missed the mark:ehh::manny:

Last edited:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
images

British dark comedy with a twist. Typically British ie humour and quirkiness in places. Not bad, not superb, enjoyed the chemistry and the dialogue, the twist or the anti climax, hmmmm it didn't pack a build up as such.
I was let down because I was getting into it..​

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BMjEzNzY2NjYwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY1MDU1NTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Heard a bunch of praise for this, decided to watch and……..man, this was kinda hard to get through. The thing I love about Baker’s latest films is the charm that surrounds its ugly situations.

There is no charm here. It’s all ugly in Tangerine. It tries to be funny, but the humor wasn’t landing with me. Soundtrack at many times was the equivalent of nails scraping a chalkboard.

One thing I thought it had going for it was the iPhone aesthetic. It’s a jarring look but it goes hand-in-hand with capturing that chaotic LA spirit. Other than that, this felt like a low-rate Korine film in the worst way.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
MV5BNDBmYjU3NzAtZGVkNS00N2E3LWEyNTgtMjIwMTczYTE0M2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

A24 has really come a long way, and that isn’t a slight on this film at all.

It’s funny watching this now. This felt like a time capsule back to exactly how things were around 2012. Teens on that MTV Spring Break fukkery, trashy Skrillex dubstep blasting, and even then the film is more of a critique on that culture rather than praising it. Loved the way it played around with its colors. It’s definitely not a film for everyone but I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, there was no going back for Hudgens after this. :pachaha:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
MV5BNDBmYjU3NzAtZGVkNS00N2E3LWEyNTgtMjIwMTczYTE0M2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

A24 has really come a long way, and that isn’t a slight on this film at all.

It’s funny watching this now. This felt like a time capsule back to exactly how things were around 2012. Teens on that MTV Spring Break fukkery, trashy Skrillex dubstep blasting, and even then the film is more of a critique on that culture rather than praising it. Loved the way it played around with its colors. It’s definitely not a film for everyone but I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, there was no going back for Hudgens after this. :pachaha:
Funniest part was the random appearance by Jeff Jarrett