Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The Bride Of Frankenstein........so good. Crazy that the sequel to Frankenstein was in many ways a send-up of it. Both hold up, but "Bride" is more entertaining imo.

Young Frankenstein. :dead: "Puttin' on the Ritz" :mjlol:

The Thin Man - A 30's semi-screwball noir mystery.....right up my alley :obama:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
just about over the past week...

The Master -
appreciate it a lot more on 2nd viewing.
PTA is probably the best current filmmaker and the performances of Phoenix and Hoffman are sublime.

Adventureland -
i have a real soft spot for this film.

Palo Alto -
promising debut from Gia Coppola
can't quite say what it was that made me like it so much.

Spring Breakers -
3rd time i've seen it and i can't help but love this movie.

The To Do List -
it was an ok one time watch..Aubrey Plaza in the lead role with a good supporting cast.
first time Maeby from Arrested Development was a bit attractive to me.

The Double -
a dark, interesting, amusing doppelganger movie based on the book of the same name..i liked it but i can see why people would hate it.
great directing and good performance from Jesse Einsberg...in the Richard Ayodes both films it's obvious to see who he was influenced by for each film.

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Blue Ruin

op5mbQ4.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Monsieur Verdoux - :blessed:

Very "straight" Chaplin comedy....about murdering women for their money. It's awesome. One of my favorite Chaplin performances.

9/10

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Shadowboxer-poster.jpg

I actually like this flick, its strange, colorful, dark and violent, not only is the content itself strange but the casting is strange also but its that kind of strange you get from a visual director that pulls it off, Its got Joseph Gordon Levett madly in love with Monique :pachaha:it didnt take away from the story tho, It reminds me alot of the professional along with other cold hitman type flicks and i really dig the score, esp when i heard this nat king cole song they lifted from a wong kar wei flick i seen and alot of the scores remind me of dope asian flicks i seen with equally dope scores like (oldboy and a bittersweet life):

thats the sh1t that makes you want to throw on a 3 piece suit

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Dark Passage..not bad, not bad at all. Also just found out Bogey pulled a 19 year old Lauren Bacall when he was 44 :smugbond:
bogie carried the first 45 min without you even seeing his face :blessed:

just peeped the caine mutiny..it was cool, but my least fav of the dozen or so bogie films i've seen so far.

Sahara is coming on TCM in a few days so i recorded that..I also have to peep High Sierra and The Petrified Forest to complete my Bogie filmography :lawd:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Monsieur Verdoux - :blessed:

Very "straight" Chaplin comedy....about murdering women for their money. It's awesome. One of my favorite Chaplin performances.

9/10
i put that in my hulu queue the other day..along with the Dogs life short

• Dap
Reactions: HHR