Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
ls8lqlIoz36jroS7stPy7lfhWmzKD5_large.jpg

Appreciate what it tried to do but it just ended up being merely ok to me.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz

i guess the point is that tokyo is a mix of the traditional and the modern. they interview people who create some noisy art, but they also interview some people who favor quiet meditation. mount fuji is the calming presence that can bee seen from tokyo, even though it is so "noisy". the thesis is a bit loose and i still dont know what i take from this but it was well-made and interesting. warning, there was a very not-safe-for-harlem scene in a karaoke bar that took me by surprise, LOL

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
ls8lqlIoz36jroS7stPy7lfhWmzKD5_large.jpg

Appreciate what it tried to do but it just ended up being merely ok to me.

On the real the newer Criterion flicks just seem to escape me. The ones that are considered "classic" before the 2000s actually have a classic to good ratio. Meanwhile the 2000s and up movies that get the label are some of the most boring and pretentious ass flicks its not even funny.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
On the real the newer Criterion flicks just seem to escape me. The ones that are considered "classic" before the 2000s actually have a classic to good ratio. Meanwhile the 2000s and up movies that get the label are some of the most boring and pretentious ass flicks its not even funny.
This is accurate :russ:

Its even worse with some of the more recent choices. Marriage Story from Netflix was cool but it wasn't that good to receive a Criterion release. I guess they just wanted to be the first to put it on Bluray :manny:

Parasite is a fantastic movie, but they were definitely riding the Oscar wave by including it shortly after all the acclaim. At least we got Memories of Murder out of it. :yeshrug:

Sidenote: Pariah and Deep Cover getting the Criterion treatment :banderas:......and I hope we see Dead Presidents before the end of this year since they're starting to add more black films. It's already on their laserdisc with no other bluray release in sight :stopitslime:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This is accurate :russ:

Its even worse with some of the more recent choices. Marriage Story from Netflix was cool but it wasn't that good to receive a Criterion release. I guess they just wanted to be the first to put it on Bluray :manny:

Parasite is a fantastic movie, but they were definitely riding the Oscar wave by including it shortly after all the acclaim. At least we got Memories of Murder out of it. :yeshrug:

Sidenote: Pariah and Deep Cover getting the Criterion treatment :banderas:......and I hope we see Dead Presidents before the end of this year since they're starting to add more black films. It's already on their laserdisc with no other bluray release in sight :stopitslime:

:lupe::krs:Oh word?!?

tenor.gif

Soon we may get that Hughes Brothers Criterion treatment with Menace II Society and Dead Presidents to hit that platform.

If fukking Armageddon got the treatment, them movie can get it as well:camby:

On a different note concerning modern Criterion movies:

Ghost_Poster_594x841_Portrait_-_72dpi.jpg

This movie was pretty good to receive the treatment. Peter Sellers was a all 100 percent prime a$$hole throughout the making of that movie :mjlol:. Dude basically pretended to have a heart attack just to get out of the movie and be with some bytches :russ:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i agree with the quality drop, but criterion says they pick movies that are "important", not just classic.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
i agree with the quality drop, but criterion says they pick movies that are "important", not just classic.

While I agree but they could had pick a better disaster movie than Armageddon like the superior Deep Impact, and I loved Armageddon :mjlol:.

Deep Impact had a "what if" plot going for itself, while Armageddon was just explosions and Bruce Willis in space :francis:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
While I agree but they could had pick a better disaster movie than Armageddon like the superior Deep Impact, and I loved Armageddon :mjlol:.

Deep Impact had a "what if" plot going for itself, while Armageddon was just explosions and Bruce Willis in space :francis:
the laserdisc era was different. they put out several popcorn flicks at that time. i guess the audience for laserdisc was too different to be too selective