Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Hard To Be A God (also the working title of my biography) is a Russian medieval sci-fi epic best summarized as Terry Gilliam on acid. A distorted tale of earth scientists who live amongst the population of a medieval-era planet, it is three hours of cinema like only the Russians can produce, featuring long tracking shots featuring innovative camera work through chaotic yet mesmerizing set designs, with dozens of actors acting out (possibly improvising) all sorts of depravity. It's insane to a point where it's hard to imagine that anyone had a clue what the fukk they were shooting except that what they were shooting was brilliant.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Have they ever even been capable of making an actual good movie without the other though? :patrice:

And I don't mean good as in tolerable, or good through a nostalgic lens but actually good and remembered for its quality?
Do people think of The Fifth Element as being a good movie? It's been so long since I saw it that any opinion I have is likely colored by Nostalgia.

I do have to give Paul W.S. Anderson props for Event Horizon which I think is a legitimately good horror movie. But I think that is about it for his catalog.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I don't think this is as good as The Rider is but it's still a very strong drama from Zhao. One of those films that just nails a vital part of the American zeitgeist, for better and for worse.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do people think of The Fifth Element as being a good movie? It's been so long since I saw it that any opinion I have is likely colored by Nostalgia.

I do have to give Paul W.S. Anderson props for Event Horizon which I think is a legitimately good horror movie. But I think that is about it for his catalog.
Funny because I actually had those films on my mind as well. The crazy thing is Jovovich actually has a bunch of supporting roles in great films in her early career. Once she settled into the "action lead of every Paul W.S. Anderson film" portion of her career she stopped doing everything else it seemed.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I don't think this is as good as The Rider is but it's still a very strong drama from Zhao. One of those films that just nails a vital part of the American zeitgeist, for better and for worse.
This was probably the most "still" movie I have ever watched.
I liked it though and I agree that it nailed the whole flyover country Americana stuff.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
These CW shows have a formula perfected. No matter the show it just feels familiar. I normally don’t mess with them. But this show “In the dark” I’m enjoying crazy. It’s about a blind girl whose friend was murdered. fukkery overload starts to happen when she gets involved with the case. It’s a lot of “really” moments, but the shyt entertaining. The lead actress killing this role.
Show got season 3 in the can and has season 4 commitment.