Coli Brehette Speaks On Sexyy Red

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just discovered that hawk tuah girl today and apparently she's gone viral and is making $$$$ she even quit her job and Conor Mcgregor followed her.

and they say the black community is toxic
When society thinks about white woman they don't think exclusively about the Hawk Tuah girl.
But when it thinks about black women, they think more often than not about Cardi B and Sexy Red.

The powers that be are financially and socially profiting off denigrating our image. But they wouldn't be able to do that if we weren't constantly making excuses for it: from "new" feminists exalting thot rap as some sort of real freedom; to black individuals constantly getting excited to point at some random white and say "see they do it too!"; or saying something similar happened before so it's fine now to any degree.

There's always going to be some degree of promiscuity in art - that's healthy. But it's been getting unbalanced for the black community. And it's c00nish to allow it.

Daps
When society thinks about white woman they don't think exclusively about the Hawk Tuah girl.
But when it thinks about black women, they think more often than not about Cardi B and Sexy Red.

The powers that be are financially and socially profiting off denigrating our image. But they wouldn't be able to do that if we weren't constantly making excuses for it: from "new" feminists exalting thot rap as some sort of real freedom; to black individuals constantly getting excited to point at some random white and say "see they do it too!"; or saying something similar happened before so it's fine now to any degree.

There's always going to be some degree of promiscuity in art - that's healthy. But it's been getting unbalanced for the black community. And it's c00nish to allow it.

newsflash. society is going to think whatever they want about black people regardless of how anybody acts and they have been for centuries. it could be a prominent high powered attorney and presidents wife (who has 10 times the amount of followers and probably 100 times the amount of sales as sexyy btw) and they are still going to talk shyt about black women. for yall to be perpetuating those thoughts is actually where the c00ning lies.

i've seen a lot of threads on here about black women lawyers, judges, doctors, etc and a lot yall be on the same incel bs.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

@bourgeoisie tall freak beat me to my own response...

The public image and perception of Black women (black people period) has ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS been negative in the United States of America. They have ALWAYS profited off of denigrating our image, whether we made excuses for it or not...

You guys' issue isn't a Sexyy Red issue, it's a marketing issue as the hands and power that control her push are the same hands and power that have always controlled black imagery in America...

There's so much wrong with this thread 🤣...

Hip hop is bigger in 2024 than it was in '94, '04, and even '14. So if it seems like negative imagery of hip hop artists is marketed more it's only because it's the most marketable and most popular genre. When it was less popular they still marketed the "bad examples" yall lament in here, to the fan base. And because we know most hip hop consumers are not black its not "black people" fueling the brunt of her success, its these white chicks I saw at a stoplight recently playing her shyt, who are buying her shyt...

For the "fukk hip hop" crowd in here, blaming hip hop for society's negative view of Black people is uneducated, what the fukk do you think those Blaxploitation movies in the 70s did for us? White money and power didn't need hip hop to craft negative images of Black people 😂...

I'm happy there is a black woman in herself and Black talent around her (whether songwriters, choreographers, stylists, managers, etc) able to eat from her talent, as there was certainly a time we couldn't profit off of our image at all. Is she the most positive example of Black women? No. Is she the worst thing I've ever seen happen to black women publicly? Also no...

Daps
Reppin
wildcats nation
This isn’t a problem only in hiphop. The real problem is the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry is ran by degenerates who ensure trash movies, celebrities, video games and music are produced.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The public image and perception of Black women (black people period) has ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS been negative in the United States of America.They have ALWAYS profited off of denigrating our image, whether we made excuses for it or not...
I agree. But there's degrees to it. Sometimes I wonder if Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop" could be a hit today.
You guys' issue isn't a Sexyy Red issue, it's a marketing issue as the hands and power that control her push are the same hands and power that have always controlled black imagery in America...
I agree again.
My only pushback is there's some nihilism going on: "They always did that to us, nothing's gonna change." That's the general vibe I get.
We may not be consuming most of this product, but we're 100% the taste makers.
And because we know most hip hop consumers are not black its not "black people" fueling the brunt of her success, its these white chicks I saw at a stoplight recently playing her shyt, who are buying her shyt...
We're not fueling it, but we're accepting it. Or at least excusing it. The "but white people buy most of this stuff" fact has been acknowledged for a while now. And, of course they do: they're the majority and have the money.

But let that money flow mainly towards songs about Jews killing other Jews or Jewish thot rap and see how fast the Jewish community shuts it down. It seems we've normalized it when it's about Black people.
For the "fukk hip hop" crowd in here, blaming hip hop for society's negative view of Black people is uneducated
Ignoring mass media's impact on the world's perception is wild. We can't celebrate our impact on the culture when it's good then say there's no affect when it's bad.
(And, before y'all think I'm overly concerned about white people, go into Africa and ask about their (dead wrong) perception of Black Americans.)
This isn’t a problem only in hiphop. The real problem is the entertainment industry.
Agreed. But this tendancy to overly generalize the problem leads us to inaction: "It's not a hip hop issue it's a music/entertainment/American/societal/humanity issue."

Last edited:
Daps
@bourgeoisie tall freak beat me to my own response...

The public image and perception of Black women (black people period) has ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS been negative in the United States of America. They have ALWAYS profited off of denigrating our image, whether we made excuses for it or not...

There's so much wrong with this thread 🤣...

these goofies love to pathologize blackness (and by blackness i mean anything that all people do but in the instance it's being done by a black person) and ironically call others c00ns. #cuzhuh?!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
these goofies love to pathologize blackness (and by blackness i mean anything that all people do but in the instance it's being done by a black person) and ironically call others c00ns. #cuzhuh?!
They got broken mirror syndrome, most these guys here are incapable of contradicting themselves...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
newsflash. society is going to think whatever they want about black people regardless of how anybody acts and they have been for centuries. it could be a prominent high powered attorney and presidents wife (who has 10 times the amount of followers and probably 100 times the amount of sales as sexyy btw) and they are still going to talk shyt about black women. for yall to be perpetuating those thoughts is actually where the c00ning lies.

i've seen a lot of threads on here about black women lawyers, judges, doctors, etc and a lot yall be on the same incel bs.

Agreed.

As I've said in many other threads... "Black people were hosed down and attacked with dogs while wearing their Sunday best, peacefully walking from their segregated church back to their segregated homes"

I personally dont like Sexxy Redd cuz i dont think she is a real human person (I think this a persona), but the idea that because she says X,Y,Z.... now society will view us differently is laughable.

Daps
Agreed.

As I've said in many other threads... "Black people were hosed down and attacked with dogs while wearing their Sunday best, peacefully walking from their segregated church back to their segregated homes"

I personally dont like Sexxy Redd cuz i dont think she is a real human person (I think this a persona), but the idea that because she says X,Y,Z.... now society will view us differently is laughable.

my point was proven a few days later with the full on incel show in this thread lol

people that really dont like big sexyy don't spend hours talking about her. these posters are obsessed and more so, just be posting to post.