NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im not trying to be ignorant but don't they drive all year in nascar?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
im not trying to be ignorant but don't they drive all year in nascar?

nah the season goes from February to November. They get a two month break...but during the season after each race a lot of em just go back home to North Carolina for a few days then leave on thursday for the race weekend

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I thought Bubba had a real good shot at the win :manny:. When that wreck before the green/white/checkered happened I went from
5yhrhre28zca.gif

To
giphy.gif

When the scoring pylon had him in 6th. Probably won't watch another race until maybe Bristol or Pocono, or even Watkins Glen or Sonoma, whichever is first.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I used to watch NASCAR heavy back in the day, even went to a race at Pocono. Now I'll probably check in on a couple races during the year. I watched most of it today, was pulling for the breh Bubba to win. I'll probably check for it more if he has some good runs

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I used to watch NASCAR heavy back in the day, even went to a race at Pocono. Now I'll probably check in on a couple races during the year. I watched most of it today, was pulling for the breh Bubba to win. I'll probably check for it more if he has some good runs

I use to see the big rigs get off the highway when it was race week at Atlanta Motor Speedway when I was little and it caught my interest. Now I stay even closer to the racetrack, about 8 miles from it. I can hear the cars going around the track from my house when its race weekend here :wow:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I use to see the big rigs get off the highway when it was race week at Atlanta Motor Speedway when I was little and it caught my interest. Now I stay even closer to the racetrack, about 8 miles from it. I can hear the cars going around the track from my house when its race weekend here :wow:

It's harder for me to explain how I grew up in Brooklyn and wound up having love for NASCAR. I think it came from an overall love of cars. I used to rock with Indy Car racing too, albeit only for the Indianapolis 500. My grandfather used to have this one white dude that worked on his farm, and he used to drive this souped up electric blue Dodge Charger, I think it was a 70-73 model. You could hear that thing for miles. I used to run out to the porch when I knew he was coming so I could watch that car come in. So I think that's where I started developing a taste for it. Ironically enough, I think I enjoyed it more when it was more "redneck". Seemed to me it got more stale the more "corporate" it became.

I went to a race at Pocono with a co-worker years ago. Getting there from NY was actually quite easy, and it was both our first races. We got there after the race started, and we got some :dahell: looks walking through the infield. Saw one other breh there the whole day, son even gave me the :gladbron: look when he saw me. It was cool, but I came away thinking that if I was to ever attend another race, I'd prefer a short track like Bristol or Martinsville or Richmond, where there's more action. Only problem is, it's in Bristol, Martinsville or Richmond :whoa: But like I said, my interest has cooled off considerably the past few years.