Cole James Cash-SAIGON-2014 (Album made entirely in rehab)

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
:wow: Tet 1968... breh this is professional sounding shyt. This whole album goes hard

thank you for purchasing homie. i have been doing this for so long that if at this point i dont sound professional id be ashamed. its the difference between a beatmaker and a producer. knowing how to put together ideas and make actual albums is what i feel i do. however having MCs commit to me is even tougher. so i just do it myself.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thank you for purchasing homie. i have been doing this for so long that if at this point i dont sound professional id be ashamed. its the difference between a beatmaker and a producer. knowing how to put together ideas and make actual albums is what i feel i do. however having MCs commit to me is even tougher. so i just do it myself.

Alchemist is my personal favorite, and this sounds like a super cohesive well-done project like he'd do with the instrumentals. Almost like a Russian Roulette type album. My favorite project so far this year in hip-hop was The Good Book by Budgie and Alchemist. Both albums are almost entirely instrumental-driven except for like 3 tracks, so I love instrumental albums. What inspired you to go the Vietnam route? You seem like someone who knows a lot about the history of the war which is cool considering musically it's hot as hell.

And any time b, good music deserves to be supported especially when it's someone on the coli that keeps it real like yourself

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Alchemist is my personal favorite, and this sounds like a super cohesive well-done project like he'd do with the instrumentals. Almost like a Russian Roulette type album. My favorite project so far this year in hip-hop was The Good Book by Budgie and Alchemist. Both albums are almost entirely instrumental-driven except for like 3 tracks, so I love instrumental albums. What inspired you to go the Vietnam route? You seem like someone who knows a lot about the history of the war which is cool considering musically it's hot as hell.

And any time b, good music deserves to be supported especially when it's someone on the coli that keeps it real like yourself

I started off in the Ninjatune Era, with dj krush, dj cam and cinematic orchestra. I am heavily HEAVILY inspired by that time period, i even use alot of the same breaks and sounds from that era. Alchemist is also my idol in terms of his work lately. The thing is, when he came out with that gospel album, i told myself i had to do something different like that, so i chose vietnam mostly because lets keep it real, unlike alot of countries people are sampling from, vietnam gets no love whatsoever. So i decided to do an entire album about the country itself and some of the cultural aspects, i included the war because of course thats what vietnam is associated with but its much more than that.

Im not really a war historian i just like culture.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
I like what I see so far. Some of its blocked at school but i'll peep when I get home.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I am a black man by way of brazil. I just like other cultures. I am however, from San Jose, where you got a huge vietnamese population, they walkin round lookin right with them thick legs got a nikka like :noah:

Word, you from San Jo? :leon: east side San Jose be havin some fine Viet chicks. And I know you know about little Saigon :salute:

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Have you ever considered sampling bossa nova and samba music to make beats? Just a thought :king:

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Word, you from San Jo? :leon: east side San Jose be havin some fine Viet chicks. And I know you know about little Saigon :salute:

I am from 24th and Santa Clara friend. shyt, i remember when there was no little saigon, it was a "price club" which was a bootleg costco back in the late 80s. Then in 2000 they built a bunch of little shops out there, but by 2001 i had already joined the military, but yea it took forever for little saigon/vietnam town to be built and nikkas got all heated over the naming of it but i wont get into it. I been in the east bay the last 10 years though ock.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Have you ever considered sampling bossa nova and samba music to make beats? Just a thought :king:

i have sampled from my culture many times but the problem is that madlib has done it as well and did it very very well, so i wanted to wait for time to go by before i put out a project like that. but yes, i got a ton of bossa nova records.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
i have sampled from my culture many times but the problem is that madlib has done it as well and did it very very well, so i wanted to wait for time to go by before i put out a project like that. but yes, i got a ton of bossa nova records.

yesssss:ohlawd::blessed:
goes so well with a joint
one day i gotta learn how to sample records and make tracks from bebel gilberto