Cody Rhodes Finally Finishing The Story At Wrestlemania 40 Appreciation Thread - WE DID IT BREHS!

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I’m still shocked by it.

Here's what I think. I watched Mania tonight after not watching WWE for years and I thought Iyo Sky vs Bayley was a better match psychology wise. I’m still not impressed with Cody as an actual wrestler but here’s the thing, story-wise this kid can tell a helluva story. while watching and seeing the fans pop I realized fans care far less about work rate and psychology than smarks think.

Story-wise this overall story, from Roman's 1300 day reign, to the way Cody has been historically treated, him leaving, helping form a new wrestling competitor, coming back, and fighting to get to this point and winning is the long term booking of old school wrasslin and love it.

There wasn’t even a fukking story. It was just dusty didn’t win the wwf title then he didn’t see Roman again for an entire year. Then beefed exclusively with rock.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
There wasn’t even a fukking story. It was just dusty didn’t win the wwf title then he didn’t see Roman again for an entire year. Then beefed exclusively with rock.
Hence why every is sitting around thinking "hmmm I wonder where they go from here".

Any idea that there were more wheels turning and actual long term ideas in play went out the window last year. Clearly - Jey, Jimmy, and Solo were supposed to get over/good enough to be meaningful going forward.

All three are completely dead in the water. Completely over-exposed, all weaknesses glaring, audiences tired of them. The only other real heels in the company are the Judgement Day who have their own belt now.

I expect Cody and Gunther to have a few "serious wrasslin" matches on these euro shows this summer with maybe even a swap and swap back.

But this weekend exposed a lot of the cracks in this company's success. They have hit this weird level where they can fill up two arena shows and two stadium shows with fans, but can't actually fill it with good programming.

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Hence why every is sitting around thinking "hmmm I wonder where they go from here".

Any idea that there were more wheels turning and actual long term ideas in play went out the window last year. Clearly - Jey, Jimmy, and Solo were supposed to get over/good enough to be meaningful going forward.

All three are completely dead in the water. Completely over-exposed, all weaknesses glaring, audiences tired of them. The only other real heels in the company are the Judgement Day who have their own belt now.

I expect Cody and Gunther to have a few "serious wrasslin" matches on these euro shows this summer with maybe even a swap and swap back.

But this weekend exposed a lot of the cracks in this company's success. They have hit this weird level where they can fill up two arena shows and two stadium shows with fans, but can't actually fill it with good programming.

I’m playing the patient game: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/triple-mid-is-worse-than-tony-khan.931544/unread

Bad booking always catches up. Took 4 years for AEW. Laveck got about 1.5 to 2 years left.

:mjgrin:

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

I’m playing the patient game: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/triple-mid-is-worse-than-tony-khan.931544/unread

Bad booking always catches up. Took 4 years for AEW. Laveck got about 1.5 to 2 years left.

:mjgrin:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Cool pic Cody posted

GKpZW-YXsAA_41_

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

Jey easily one of the most over dudes on the roster :gucci:

He prolly the most fan favorite babyface after Cody :dwillhuh:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
His finisher is super ass, like it doesn’t even look like it would hurt nonetheless put someone down for the 3 count

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally got to comment on this. Very happy with it. Grats to Cody and all of those fans who waited for that moment on Sunday. It was great.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
He put the work in
He left the company.. hit the indie circuit and rebranded himself and got over in a grassroots fashion
Created a alternate that could be said to have changed the wrestling business regardless of how you feel about AEW
Returned to the WWE and became the biggest Babyface in the company
Wrestled Hell in the Cell with a torn pec
Won the Rumble twice
Selling merch

He definitely deserves it. I hope they don't book him corny

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Up until Rumble build.

I really felt like 39 would of been better with Cody winning.

Cody vs. Brock was uninteresting and predictable.

Bloodline Civil War was 2 months storyline material stretched over 6 months. With predictable and boring outcomes with Jimmy betraying Jey.

I would say around

LA Knight vs. Reign and Wargames were it felt like things was getting interesting again. You had crazy fun antics with Cody and Jey. Orton return at Wargames.

Then, you got that fantastic Royal Rumble program with Punk and Cody.

Then, Final Boss was lightning in a bottle. I loved every minute of the Rumble build this year.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I still say Luger shoulda been WWF World Champ :ehh:

He def shoulda won ar Sinmerslam 93

If not he def shoulda won the title from Yoko at WM10 then dropped it to Bret later the same night :sas2:

Only good thing that came outta Yoko leaving SummerSlam 93 with the title was that GOAT rivalry he had with Taker, but Lex shoulda at the very least beat him for the title at Mania :stopitslime:

I have a whole thread that explains how vkm was too put of touch to use luger. Plus luger was damaged goods.
Simply because the nwa was too stoopid.
to know their hogun was there and buried luger.
for flair like idiots.

That vkm has such extreme disconnect. Mcmahon had no idea.
that luger was burned and damaged goods. When if mcmahon would have turned the channel once. After getting flair.
instead of being so self absorbed. Mcmahon would have seen.
that luger was damaged beyond his repair.

Art Barr

Last edited: