Coast Guard member flashes white power hand signal on TV

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The man shown in the background as a captain was being interviewed about Tropical Storm Florence was later removed from response duty, officials said.
by Dennis Romero and Dystany Muse / Sep.14.2018 / 11:29 PM ET / Updated Sep.15.2018 / 7:57 AM ET
180914-mnbc-day-20180914_cln_15_00_live_with_ali_velshi_as_frame_111855_uscg-white-power-sign-with-stroke-ac-1212p_04acca75ee77eb7b74bba89bc40cf8ea.fit-760w.jpg

US Coast Guard support staff member (bottom left) gestures during an interview on MSNBC on September 14, 2018.MSNBC

A member of a U.S. Coast Guard team responding to Tropical Storm Florence in South Carolina appeared to flash a white power hand gesture in the background as a captain was being interviewed Friday by MSNBC.

The man has since been removed from the Florence response operations and the incident is under investigation, said Coast Guard Lt. J.B. Zorn.

"Whatever that symbol means, it doesn't reflect the Coast Guard and our core values," Zorn said. "It won't be tolerated."

U.S. Coast Guard member appears to flash 'white power' hand signal on air
SEP.14.201800:44
Coast Guard officials wouldn't identify the man and declined to discuss possible disciplinary action.

He flashed the signal as Capt. John Reed, commander of Florence response efforts in Charleston, South Carolina, was explaining a new tact as the storm changed direction. A man in a red shirt was seen casually displaying the 'OK' hand signal against the right side of his face as he sat at a table in the background.

While the gesture appears innocuous and may have started as an online troll campaign, it has seemingly become a symbol used by alt-right supporters to "trigger" liberals with the implicit suggestion that white nationalist views have become more prominent.

We are aware of the offensive video on twitter - the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response. His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard.

The Coast Guard has been at the forefront of rescue operations in the Carolinas, where at least five people have died since the storm reached the coastline Friday morning.

"We’re not going to let one person detract from the good work the Coast Guard is doing in the region," Zorn said. "We're going to stay focused."

Coast Guard member who flashed white power signal pulled from storm duty

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:mjlol::snoop: I was expecting him to be throwing up the sign all in the background thru out the video. Not for a brief second. Didn't even know there was a white supremacist hang sign. And who knows, maybe he was throwing up the blood sign. :troll:
stop sleeping they throw it up everywhere and all the time. there was another incident recently at a political press conference.

the point is that it looks harmless and trivial so you don't suspect it just like coded language... cacs got hella dog whistles and ways to tell their folks that are paying attention they are on code.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
stop sleeping they throw it up everywhere and all the time. there was another incident recently at a political press conference.

the point is that it looks harmless and trivial so you don't suspect it just like coded language... cacs got hella dog whistles and ways to tell their folks that are paying attention they are on code.

So what does this all mean? :lupe:

Is this a rallying of the troops call? :lupe:

Has Trump thrown it up before? :lupe:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It's like them saying we here... if you know you know. They keep claiming it's an internet troll joke but you must be dumb to believe that.

- The Washington Post

No, a former Kavanaugh clerk didn’t flash a "white power sign." Here’s what really happened.

:ohhh: I did some research and found this.

About
The Circle Game is a game of peripheral vision, trickery and motor skills.[1] The game starts out when the Offensive Player creates a circle with their thumb and forefinger somewhere below his waist.[2] The goal is to trick another person into looking at his hand. If the victim looks at the hand, he has lost the game, and is subsequently hit on the bicep with a closed fist, by the offensive player. Online, people have begun hiding hands making the circle symbols in various images to trick people into finding it.

circle.jpg

And to think that a silly game played when we were kids, would turn into the international hand sign for the white supremacists movement. :picard:

What's next? The piece sign, thumbs up sign, the star trek sign? :merchant:

I'm gonna email the people who make the keyboard symbols for the phone cuz I don't want that offensive symbol showing up on my keyboard. :birdman:

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:ohhh: I did some research and found this.

About
The Circle Game is a game of peripheral vision, trickery and motor skills.[1] The game starts out when the Offensive Player creates a circle with their thumb and forefinger somewhere below his waist.[2] The goal is to trick another person into looking at his hand. If the victim looks at the hand, he has lost the game, and is subsequently hit on the bicep with a closed fist, by the offensive player. Online, people have begun hiding hands making the circle symbols in various images to trick people into finding it.

circle.jpg

And to think that a silly game played when we were kids, would turn into the international hand sign for the white supremacists movement. :picard:

What's next? The piece sign, thumbs up sign, the star trek sign? :merchant:

I'm gonna email the people who make the keyboard symbols for the phone cuz I don't want that offensive symbol showing up on my keyboard. :birdman:
The sign has meant many things before including peace... that's why they co-opted it because they can claim it's harmless and no one can prove otherwise.