Coach Prime being called a sell out for pulling out of the Heritage Classic

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I agree with Prime on this.

Also TCU made a huge mistake not hiring him last year. He would've cleaned up in the DFW market with players from SOC to Allen, to Southlake Carroll and all points in between.

I loved what he's doing for Jackson St but I don't think it will last too much longer there because I feel after this years Bowl a season a big power 5 school will offer him a bag and 5 years to run it his way.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I agree with Prime on this.

Also TCU made a huge mistake not hiring him last year. He would've cleaned up in the DFW market with players from SOC to Allen, to Southlake Carroll and all points in between.

I loved what he's doing for Jackson St but I don't think it will last too much longer there because I feel after this years Bowl a season a big power 5 school will offer him a bag and 5 years to run it his way.

Nah breh, I think he’s in it for the long run. If he’s able to take 4 and 5 star recruits from PWI teams, he’s not going to just up and leave.

He’s thinking long term. Building a legacy. 20 years from now if HBCU’s are recruiting like PWI’s, getting TV deals and generating billions, his legacy will be greater than any head coach.

Plus, he cares about too much shyt that coaches wouldn’t.

This is a prime example

He has a net worth of $40 million. He doesn’t need the money.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Nah breh, I think he’s in it for the long run. If he’s able to take 4 and 5 star recruits from PWI teams, he’s not going to just up and leave.

He’s thinking long term. Building a legacy. 20 years from now if HBCU’s are recruiting like PWI’s, getting TV deals and generating billions, his legacy will be greater than any head coach.

Plus, he cares about too much shyt that coaches wouldn’t.

This is a prime example

He has a net worth of $40 million. He doesn’t need the money.

I see what you're saying. But he also had two interviews with TCU and was very interested in that job. Also there were rumors if FSU struggled this year that they could reach out.

I agree his legacy would surpass Eddie Robinson if he stayed at JSU for the next couple of decades but here's a bigger reason why I think he would leave. Its a microcosm but here me out;

I believe it was last year or the year before when the reporter referred to him as "Deion" and he was like "you wouldn't call Coach Saban, Nick. You would call him coach so give me the same respect"

Maybe I'm reaching but I think he would accept the challenge to try it at a power 5 school to prove he can coach at an elite level as his white counterparts; one in particular like the one he does commercials with, the Mighty Nick Saban. I'm not saying his move is imminent but I can see him trying it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I see what you're saying. But he also had two interviews with TCU and was very interested in that job. Also there were rumors if FSU struggled this year that they could reach out.

I agree his legacy would surpass Eddie Robinson if he stayed at JSU for the next couple of decades but here's a bigger reason why I think he would leave. Its a microcosm but here me out;

I believe it was last year or the year before when the reporter referred to him as "Deion" and he was like "you wouldn't call Coach Saban, Nick. You would call him coach so give me the same respect"

Maybe I'm reaching but I think he would accept the challenge to try it at a power 5 school to prove he can coach at an elite level as his white counterparts; one in particular like the one he does commercials with, the Mighty Nick Saban. I'm not saying his move is imminent but I can see him trying it.

If he’s preaching about black players coming to HBCU’s he would be a hypocrite if he leaves to the very system he’s been criticizing. All 3 of his sons went to JSU. His daughter is going to JSU and taking the time to promote HBCU’s

Lastly

I can’t see him leaving

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If the money and situation are right I could see him leaving. He's not going to leave for any situation though.
I think white people including Nick Saban taking shots at him and JSU after recruiting and landing Travis Hunter pushed him further away from leaving.

If he can get JSU’s finances and business side of things in order, they will be able to afford to offer him what a PWI could. He’s already begun the process.

Yeah, he can go to a PWI, but it’s a different monster with completely different variables. He would have to answer to donors and alumni. They dynamic would be different. More importantly, he would be just another coach. He would go from being a god in the SWAC, to a mortal at a power 5 school.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I get that HBCU's domt have the booster and alumni donation money like big PWI's

So that makes it even more imperative that they make prudent financial decisions and on a surface glance it seems Deior is right.

These institutions need to sharpen up man...

I've been told before there is booster/alum support amongst the HBCU, or willingness to support, but they don't trust the administrators with the money anymore. Maybe this is an indicator of Deion forcing them to do what's actually right.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
To my understanding, FedEx gives each school over a million for the Classic, but after travel, food, lodging, etc, that really isn't that much. It's kind of fugazi for him to act like HBCU tradition doesn't mean anything and not offer any alternative solutions.

From what I've read, JSU alumni aren't happy about this. They could keep the classic, and cut out the middle man to fix the bottom line. :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
To my understanding, FedEx gives each school over a million for the Classic, but after travel, food, lodging, etc, that really isn't that much. It's kind of fugazi for him to act like HBCU tradition doesn't mean anything and not offer any alternative solutions.

From what I've read, JSU alumni aren't happy about this. They could keep the classic, and cut out the middle man to fix the bottom line. :manny:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good For prime.

I dare to ask where are our black billionaires like Robert Johnson, Oprah, MJ (I know), Tyler Perry etc.. at on funding some of these schools programs to see improvements in not only facilities but also financial literacy basically someone should be helping broker deals with these schools and PWI when they go out and play them every year