Coach Prime being called a sell out for pulling out of the Heritage Classic

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Cliffs

Prime don’t want to play it anymore and pulled out 3 years early.

It’s a business move. They’re not making any money.

Jackson St has earned $6.3 million playing in this game over the past 28 years which comes out to about 225k per year. The new deal they have with playing in the SWAC Classic pays them $3 million for the first 2 games.

Basically HBCU’s and the people that are in charge of the finances are selling themselves short.

People wonder why HBCU’s struggle, and it’s obviously clear at this point. They will take a $200,000 check not realizing they can get a $1.5 million dollar check :snoop:

And the schools basically use the football teams like ATM’s..

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If we're keeping it 100% honest, the city of Memphis benefitted from the game more than the actual schools did so I don't necessarily blame Prime for pulling out.

Breh in the first video explained it. He had do park almost 3 miles from the stadium. Everybody was eating. Especially the vendors.

And they only got 200k :snoop:

Prime knows Jackson St. is the biggest draw so they going to command that compensation. He stopped scheduling PWI’s because the money wasn’t right.

If I’m an AD at another SWAC school, I’m trying to hire a big name coach to compete.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Breh in the first video explained it. He had do park almost 3 miles from the stadium. Everybody was eating. Especially the vendors.

And they only got 200k :snoop:

Prime knows Jackson St. is the biggest draw so they going to command that compensation. He stopped scheduling PWI’s because the money wasn’t right.

If I’m an AD at another SWAC school, I’m trying to hire a big name coach to compete.
Everybody is eating from except the schools themselves. I get Memphis point since the game likely wouldn't have the same luster if it was played at the teams stadiums, but they were long overdue in asking for more bread or finding another alternative that pays more. I say that as someone who goes to those games every year.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I get that HBCU's domt have the booster and alumni donation money like big PWI's

So that makes it even more imperative that they make prudent financial decisions and on a surface glance it seems Deior is right.

These institutions need to sharpen up man...