CLIVE DAVIS speaks on MICHAEL JACKSON confronting JERMAINE JACKSON over diss song "WORD TO THE BADD"

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Jermaine's self titled album only sold because of the Victory Tour.

And nobody blew up on Paisley Park outside of Shelia E and The Time with Pandemonium, which was released in 1990.

Muthafukkaz always trying to re-write history.
i think you should check again on the paisley park releases, a good portion of those albums hit. jermaine was always selling records

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
i think you should check again on the paisley park releases, a good portion of those albums hit. jermaine was always selling records
Outside of Shelia E and The Time, which artist on Paisley Park actually sold records?

Don't worry. I'll wait.

And, btw, when Jermaine's solo career first took off at Motown, he wasn't selling records like that.

Stevie Wonder saved Jermaine's career in 1980 with Let's Get Serious because his first three albums were DOA and Motown, in my view, panicked because they felt like they hitched their wagon on the wrong horse.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Outside of Shelia E and The Time, which artist on Paisley Park actually sold records?

Don't worry. I'll wait.

And, btw, when Jermaine's solo career first took off at Motown, he wasn't selling records like that.

Stevie Wonder saved Jermaine's career in 1980 with Let's Get Serious because his first three albums were DOA and Motown, in my view, panicked because they felt like they hitched their wagon on the wrong horse.
just about all the acts put a song on the top 5 black single charts, check the stats.his first three album had at least two hits off of them from each album

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
just about all the acts put a song on the top 5 black single charts, check the stats.his first three album had at least two hits off of them from each album
MJ money has been used to raise Jermaine family to this day.:camby:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
you do know that prince was still recording and touring while micheal was sitting on his ass. you do known his royalty's rate per record was higher then mj? mj was getting 2.50 per record. prince was getting five dollars per record, plus he plays the instruments and produces the record. prince makes more then mj.

:stopitslime: put up those receipts that Prince was receiving that high of a royalty rate for each mechanical sale of his record

I don't believe you..

jackson35

Banned
Daps
:stopitslime: put up those receipts that Prince was receiving that high of a royalty rate for each mechanical sale of his record

I don't believe you..
you don't have believe me= use your common sense= he controls everything that you hear on his records from songwriting to the sounds that you hear, how is prince not making more then mj? his contract was renewed with new terms, wb gave him the world.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
you don't have believe me= use your common sense= he controls everything that you hear on his records from songwriting to the sounds that you hear, how is prince not making more then mj? his contract was renewed with new terms, wb gave him the world.

He had artistic control dummy...

But as far as revenue and equity that wasn't the case at all

Which is one of the reasons he wrote SLAVE on his face

prince.slave_.jpg

Prince long-term contract with Warner only benifited him due to its large non recoupable advances and lucrative incentives ...due to Prince leverage as an artist who creatively wrote.. Performed and produced the bulk of his material

And to offset the fact that Warner was ROBBING prince on the back-end in regards to points on the album

It's clear your just talking out your azz and don't have a clue cause asked you to validate your claims and you don't have any cause it's not true

It was well known that MJ had the highest mechanical royalty act of any artist signed to the majors during the 80s

jackson35

Banned
Daps
He had artistic control dummy...

But as far as revenue and equity that wasn't the case at all

Which is one of the reasons he wrote SLAVE on his face

prince.slave_.jpg

Prince long-term contract with Warner only benifited him due to its large non recoupable advances and lucrative incentives ...due to Prince leverage as an artist who creatively wrote.. Performed and produced the bulk of his material

And to offset the fact that Warner was ROBBING prince on the back-end in regards to points on the album

It's clear your just talking out your azz and don't have a clue cause asked you to validate your claims and you don't have any cause it's not true

It was well known that MJ had the highest mechanical royalty act of any artist signed to the majors during the 80s
if prince has artistic control, where does the slave part come in? what proof did anyone provide that he was being robbed on the back end? what you mean to say was management took his back end. i acknowledged that Micheal had a high royalty rate but compared to prince, it's a joke. mj had to borrow the funds to buy the Beatles catalog, prince put up his own money for purple rain and he was not even a huge star yet.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
if prince has artistic control, where does the slave part come in? what proof did anyone provide that he was being robbed on the back end? what you mean to say was management took his back end. i acknowledged that Micheal had a high royalty rate but compared to prince, it's a joke. mj had to borrow the funds to buy the Beatles catalog, prince put up his own money for purple rain and he was not even a huge star yet.

Dude are u RETARDED or you just HATE MICHAEL JACKSON ?
:dwillhuh:

Prince stated numerous times how Warner Brothers didn't fully compensate him for his contributions along with retaining his MASTERS

"if you don't own your publishing and masters you are a SLAVE"- PRINCE

And you still have NO RECEIPTS of Prince royalty rate

MJ didn't take out a loan to purchase the Beatles catalog . Him and his lawyer formed an investment group to solidify the ATV firm

:what: Prince was a HUGE STAR when 1999 lp was released prior to the Purple Rain project

:mjlol:it was WARNER BROS that opened the budget for Purple Rain..

Prince was NOT independent at the time....

Man please stop posting

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Dude are u RETARDED or you just HATE MICHAEL JACKSON ?
:dwillhuh:

Prince stated numerous times how Warner Brothers didn't fully compensate him for his contributions along with retaining his MASTERS

"if you don't own your publishing and masters you are a SLAVE"- PRINCE

And you still have NO RECEIPTS of Prince royalty rate

MJ didn't take out a loan to purchase the Beatles catalog . Him and his lawyer formed an investment group to solidify the ATV firm

:what: Prince was a HUGE STAR when 1999 lp was released prior to the Purple Rain project

:mjlol:it was WARNER BROS that opened the budget for Purple Rain..

Prince was NOT independent at the time....

Man please stop posting
ACCORDING TO MO OSTIN= PRINCE GOT HIS MASTER IN 2012. ACCORDING TO MO OSTIN, PRINCE PUT UP THE 7 MILLION DOLLARS FOR THE FILM. YES JOHN BRANCA AND MJ FORM A FIRM OF SOME SORT, BUT THAT MONEY CAME FROM BRANCA'S CONNECTION'S. ON 1999'S FIRST RELEASE IT WAS DOING BRISK SALES. IT WAS ONLY AFTER MTV DID THE ALBUM PICKED UP.PRINCE HAS TONS OF SONGS SITTING IN HIS VAULT AND SHOT TONS OF VIDEOS THAT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY, THOSE THINGS ARE NOT FREE. HE HAD A PARTNERSHIP WITH WARNERS BROS THAT WAS PAYING FOR THOSE THINGS

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
ACCORDING TO MO OSTIN= PRINCE GOT HIS MASTER IN 2012. ACCORDING TO MO OSTIN, PRINCE PUT UP THE 7 MILLION DOLLARS FOR THE FILM. YES JOHN BRANCA AND MJ FORM A FIRM OF SOME SORT, BUT THAT MONEY CAME FROM BRANCA'S CONNECTION'S. ON 1999'S FIRST RELEASE IT WAS DOING BRISK SALES. IT WAS ONLY AFTER MTV DID THE ALBUM PICKED UP.PRINCE HAS TONS OF SONGS SITTING IN HIS VAULT AND SHOT TONS OF VIDEOS THAT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY, THOSE THINGS ARE NOT FREE. HE HAD A PARTNERSHIP WITH WARNERS BROS THAT WAS PAYING FOR THOSE THINGS

He spent the bulk his life fighting the rights to his masters..

And didn't receive them till 2012..

Just 4 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS DEATH

and when I say budget dummy I'm talking about the MARKETING AND PROMITIONAL COSTS of the PRINCE LP...

And Warner also covered the marketing and distribution overhead expemses

Cause it also doubles as a film company dummy

He had NO JOINT VENTURE or HIGH ROYALTY RATE nor did he have a huge equity stake in his publishing deal

Go to sleep dude

jackson35

Banned
Daps
He spent the bulk his life fighting the rights to his masters..

And didn't receive them till 2012..

Just 4 YEARS PRIOR TO HIS DEATH

and when I say budget dummy I'm talking about the MARKETING AND PROMITIONAL COSTS of the PRINCE LP...

And Warner also covered the marketing and distribution overhead expemses

Cause it also doubles as a film company dummy

He had NO JOINT VENTURE or HIGH ROYALTY RATE nor did he have a huge equity stake in his publishing deal

Go to sleep dude
your in your feelings, prince was not fighting for shyt except to put the music that he wanted. the whole concept of owning his music came after having conversation with his musicall peers like George Clinton and Larry grahman. you are mistaken about his joint venture because paisley park studios and records was a joint venture with warners. all you have to do is look up his 1992 contract with warners bros were he was given a new everything

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps