Climb Headfirst In To A Narrow Cave, Breh's

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I knew what the incident was going to be off the title. Read the long version of that story and it haunts the fukk out of me, I can never imagine going through something that constrained and then getting stuck for that long is just the worse possible outcome.

Nutty Putty: ‘I really, really want to get out’

Yep. I heard they just sealed him in and closed the cave:mjcry:

the most fukked up part , they almost got him out alive with a wench/ pulley system but it snapped :to: I wouldn’t wish this shyt on my worst coli enemies
When it snapped (I think the rock it was anchored into broke), it actually knocked the girl who was trying to save him unconscious, and she ended up needing to get pulled out by other rescuers.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I read about this man a while back but listening to the audio made me cringe. I can’t finish that OMG.

I think I remember reading they were gonna have to break his legs or something, is that right?

and they opted not to?:francis:
I'm not sure what that would have done, it was his ribcage that was getting stuck.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
But its their natural home:mjcry:

200.gif

Daps
I knew what the incident was going to be off the title. Read the long version of that story and it haunts the fukk out of me, I can never imagine going through something that constrained and then getting stuck for that long is just the worse possible outcome.

Nutty Putty: ‘I really, really want to get out’

When it snapped (I think the rock it was anchored into broke), it actually knocked the girl who was trying to save him unconscious, and she ended up needing to get pulled out by other rescuers.

reading the story and this part sticks out to me

John picked a waist-high hole to explore. He wore a rainbow-colored, 1970s-style caving headlamp his father had bought for the family trips of his childhood. John went in headfirst, pushing himself along with his hips, his stomach, his fingers. Other cavers exploring this hole had found that only the nimblest of contortionists could navigate its tight corkscrew of rock.

:mindblown: why would you even want to be in something so constricting that you gotta do the snake?

using your hips and your stomach to crawl... and you still don't think :patrice: "maybe this is a bad idea"

instead, you like :gladbron: "let's keep going"

now your skeleton still in there like :deadmanny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
reading the story and this part sticks out to me

:mindblown: why would you even want to be in something so constricting that you gotta do the snake?

using your hips and your stomach to crawl... and you still don't think :patrice: "maybe this is a bad idea"

instead, you like :gladbron: "let's keep going"

now your skeleton still in there like :deadmanny:

Part that kills me is where it mentions he's 6-foot, 200 lbs. That's almost the exact size as me. If you're a big guy why the fukk are you doing shyt that even little people struggle to get through? Like you KNOW you gotta be pushing the boundaries on that. No way in hell I'm touching that cave unless I see some fatass way bigger than me do it first.

Daps
Part that kills me is where it mentions he's 6-foot, 200 lbs. That's almost the exact size as me. If you're a big guy why the fukk are you doing shyt that even little people struggle to get through? Like you KNOW you gotta be pushing the boundaries on that. No way in hell I'm touching that cave unless I see some fatass way bigger than me do it first.

can you imagine the family finding out that they would never be able to recover his body?

:wow::wow::wow:

Imagine being the officer who had to convince the fam that he was really dead and they were gonna stop because there was nothing they could do.

I can only think that nothing they said would have convinced the family for at least a week or longer than that. They're probably still holding out hope, thinking the rescuers ain't doing everything they can, and they still wanna fight for their son/brother/husband just in case.

Probably thinking that the rescuers are wrong... after all, it ain't like they can reach him to check his pulse so how would they know he's really dead?

Such a messed up mind-trip for the family.

I feel sorry for the guy... What a stupid meaningless way to die... :wow: