Cliffy B getting that ether

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Naw you can drop an FPS. The military/sci-fi shooters are still around and doing fine. Any class based hero shooter is not surviving compared to OW tho. The comparison will always be there even tho this more arena based. Blizz also dropped summer games the day this came out also

Any other FPS could work, but what Cliffy released is DoA due to how tired people are of it already.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
like I said in the other thread, he should have stuck to free-2-play (his original plan). the market is saturated, and it's hard to get people to take a chance on your game. but if it's 'free', at least there's no risk in taking that chance
I definitely agree that this thing some game companies do of launching a title in a certain model and then changing it to another model... that doesn't work, at all. Other companies have done it, it's never gone well I think and it's a sign of weakness and reactivity.

One problem with going free to play with this specific game is: when you create a product that directly competes with a similar product and you make it free you have to keep two things in mind:

1. Perception
A mobile game player responds to that very differently than a PC or console player generally, because generally these titles are not free to play (you pay 60 bucks and play) and full on games that are offered free to play don't really come through and the idea is that you'll have to pay a lot to make the game somewhat enjoyable. Not a good look especially because in a multiplayer game you want to limit the 'pay to win' part (e.g. pay for upgrades) to a minimum because since in free to play only a small percentage of players pay, you will soon have a small group dominating most matches which will in turn churn players who do not pay at all. Exception to this is Hearthstone (Free to play and you can buy packs of cards and heroes) but that is because it's 1-on-1 and thus way easier to control the skill levels of the players competing through proper matchmaking.

2. Direct competition and huge price differences can cause suspicion
When you have 2 fashionable sneakers released by competitors, one by Nike, one by Adidas - you can expect the price of both to be around 100-150 dollars. If 1 was 150 dollars and the other was.. 2 dollars, it would raise suspicion in the consumer. 'Hey.. this game is just like Overwatch.. I love Overwatch.. but wait, this game is free... ok so Overwatch is definitely the better game because the company believes in it and charges 60 dollars. They must be going free to play because they don't believe in it.. and (see #1) they will end up charging me like crazy, how do I know this is even balanced properly as far as monetization and what they'll be asking for??'

Short version: a free-to-play direct competitor of Overwatch is a terrible idea because target audience expects to pay for a great experience and they don't trust free-to-play on a AAA game, the pay for win factor comes into play when big groups play each other and the perception is 'oh Overwatch is better, the company really believes in it and charges 60 dollars.. as opposed to the other company.. who's asking for no money and will probably screw the players on expensive things to play normally.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Any other FPS could work, but what Cliffy released is DoA due to how tired people are of it already.

How are people tired of hero shooters? Simple fact is they should have sold this to a big publisher if they were going to compete with OW. The main reason this is flopping is because no one knows a fukking thing about this

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
thing is Overwatch wasn't in the picture when I first started hearing about this game

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
How are people tired of hero shooters? Simple fact is they should have sold this to a big publisher if they were going to compete with OW. The main reason this is flopping is because no one knows a fukking thing about this

People don't care anymore, they Hype train for Destiny 2 is non existent, especially after the failing of the longevity of the first one. Did it make money? Of course, the hype train was real. But it didn't deliver, neither did The Division, none have the lasting power/delivery of OW or even the CoD series. Paladins is just keeping up, Battleborn is a solid game but released alongside a Blizzard monster. This will fall off as well. You can quote me on that.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People don't care anymore, they Hype train for Destiny 2 is non existent, especially after the failing of the longevity of the first one. Did it make money? Of course, the hype train was real. But it didn't deliver, neither did The Division, none have the lasting power/delivery of OW or even the CoD series. Paladins is just keeping up, Battleborn is a solid game but released alongside a Blizzard monster. This will fall off as well. You can quote me on that.
More people have pre-ordered Destiny 2 than the original with months left before release

Destiny: Rise of Iron made money hand-over-fist last month, out-performing the original game’s launch

why do people just go online and tell lies :beli: at least with my hate on overwatch, i keep it subjective and attack nontangible things like its 'long-term potential and failure to keep pace with other games that provide content regularly after release'

yal just say shyt hoping people don't use google:dead:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More people have pre-ordered Destiny 2 than the original with months left before release

Destiny: Rise of Iron made money hand-over-fist last month, out-performing the original game’s launch

why do people just go online and tell lies :beli: at least with my hate on overwatch, i keep it subjective and attack nontangible things like its 'long-term potential and failure to keep pace with other games that provide content regularly after release'

That's why I try not to argue on social media and message boards. People just talk out of their ass.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin

"Exact numbers haven't been shared". So literatlly...hearsay by PR reps who work for the company....

I agree people don't use google, and don't read carefully.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"Exact numbers haven't been shared". So literatlly...hearsay by PR reps who work for the company....

I agree people don't use google, and don't read carefully.
Seeing as no numbers were posted up on the links, its hearsay...but yes, we agree, many people and game companies do talk out their asses.
"If you want to read the results for yourself, they've been put online on Activision Blizzard's site."
http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...Q2_2017_ATVI_Earnings_Release_with_Tables.pdf

We've gone from 'non-existent hype trains' and long-term failures (find me another cross gen dlc in year 3 that does standalone release numbers. i dare you. even more remarkable about RoI's sales is that it cut off ps3/360 users entirely) to now we need the exact numbers and the releases given to shareholders isn't good enough

:beli:

its not worth it. just say you don't fukk with it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
"If you want to read the results for yourself, they've been put online on Activision Blizzard's site."
http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...Q2_2017_ATVI_Earnings_Release_with_Tables.pdf

We've gone from 'non-existent hype trains' and long-term failures (find me another cross gen dlc in year 3 that does standalone release numbers. i dare you. even more remarkable about RoI's sales is that it cut off ps3/360 users entirely) to now we need the exact numbers and the releases given to shareholders isn't good enough

:beli:

its not worth it. just say you don't fukk with it.

I fukk with anything good, not rehashed material, also you might want to read carefully before you reply to my posts, those are annually incomes not the income of one gaming franchise. Move on.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I fukk with anything good, not rehashed material, also you might want to read carefully before you reply to my posts, those are annually incomes not the income of one gaming franchise. Move on.
Page 2, Bullet 5 :beli: or control+f for the only mentions of Destiny in the entire release

Even if you try and argue that PC sales are being blended and beta interest doesn't mean anything (based on nothingisms), that's still a long ways from 'non-existent hype'.

Unless we just gonna imply that Activision and Blizzard just make a living off of lying to shareholders then by all means go on ahead. Just be a hater. Its easy. I think Switch and Nintendo are lame as fukk but I'm not going around saying that nobody is buying that shyt. I thought Dunkirk was trash but I ain't gonna pretend the theater was empty to make a point.

Just be a regular hater. Ain't nothing wrong with it. You ain't gotta lie

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Page 2, Bullet 5 :beli: or control+f for the only mentions of Destiny in the entire release

Even if you try and argue that PC sales are being blended and beta interest doesn't mean anything (based on nothingisms), that's still a long ways from 'non-existent hype'.

Unless we just gonna imply that Activision and Blizzard just make a living off of lying to shareholders then by all means go on ahead. Just be a hater. Its easy. I think Switch and Nintendo are lame as fukk but I'm not going around saying that nobody is buying that shyt. I thought Dunkirk was trash but I ain't gonna pretend the theater was empty to make a point.

Just be a regular hater. Ain't nothing wrong with it. You ain't gotta lie

Non existent hype....and "claims" perpetuated by PR reps, fixed. Move on.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Non existent hype....and "claims" perpetuated by PR reps, fixed. Move on.
public relations and shareholder releases are inherently different guy

you understand that lying to shareholders/investors is very illegal right? misrepresenting financial projections will destroy your business overnight

you were just wrong before but now you sound dumb as hell. why keep going with this :leostare: