Cliffy B getting that ether

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
He made multiple missteps because of hubris.

He clearly deserves praise for what he did for the Xbox brand in regards to Gears of War - but he took that to mean his shyt doesn't stink.

The idea that he'd sound so personally hostile towards Xbox gamers was a bizarre part of his shtick when promoting the game. And the fact that he spoke Lawbreakers up to be something radically different - considering how similar it was to the powerhouse that Overwatch is - he placed his IP into a position that was sink or swim.

Since it clearly hasn't been able to distinguish itself from Overwatch enough...he's sinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is obviously a visionary and gaming NEEDS guys like him so I hope this only served as a humbling experience and get him to move forward in a better direction.

I owe him a lot in regards to my gaming experience considering Gears 1 was AND STILL IS one of the most fulfilling experiences I've ever played. I legit play Gears 1 Ultimate Edition almost every day - not much is better than it.

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I like cliffy B but overwatch is just killing the game and the market is too crowded as it is... :francis:

He should have made another game in a different genre that would have been better...:manny: he wasnt gonna steal the spotlight away or make a dent when OverWatch is on top right now, it's too damned strong...

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Never understood how he tricked people into thinking gears of war was a good game / franchise in the first place

Gears of war was very good... Especially when Xbox needed a franchise out of the game..:dahell: That's a very big reason why people brought the xbox 360 in the first place it wasnt just halo that people liked...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Gears of war was very good... Especially when Xbox needed a franchise out of the game..:dahell: That's a very big reason why people brought the xbox 360 in the first place it wasnt just halo that people liked...

This entire franchise is nothing more than ducking behind squares and rectangles shooting the same 5 guns at the same 5 enemies then moving to the next area to do it again...

And in between moving from area to area light skin muscle guy turns to dark skin muscle guy and yells "DOM!":wow:

Problem killed him off cause they were worried about being sued by the fast and furious franchise since they have the original dom

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This entire franchise is nothing more than ducking behind squares and rectangles shooting the same 5 guns at the same 5 enemies then moving to the next area to do it again...

And in between moving from area to area light skin muscle guy turns to dark skin muscle guy and yells "DOM!":wow:

Problem killed him off cause they were worried about being sued by the fast and furious franchise since they have the original dom

3pl79mB.gif

What the fukk? :heh:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

:dead:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the art style played a role too. It's too dark/gritty like Gears of War. Most people find that shyt boring. At least w/ Battleborn/Overwatch you had a bright, colorful, creative, anime-ish style that's more interesting.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People need to stop blaming Overwatch for their games being flawed as fukk.

There is no stranglehold on the community. Once Battlefront, CoDWW2, and Destiny drop we're gonna see exactly where OW is at. They haven't had to compete too hard against anything and their long term has been pretty fukking lackluster considering the potential.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think the art style played a role too. It's too dark/gritty like Gears of War. Most people find that shyt boring. At least w/ Battleborn/Overwatch you had a bright, colorful, creative, anime-ish style that's more interesting.
6687.jpg