Clerks 3

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
So, Kevin Smith did a podcast about this and the legal situation is fukked up. This won't be out for a while.

Apparently, to get the guy who plays Randall on board, they took a sweat equity deal from the Weinsteins. Smith, Scott Mosier, and the guys who played Randall and Dante were paid $100k each up front, and would get a percentage of the movie's profits. Smith gave Randall his $100k.

So, the movie comes out, and allegedly makes a decent profit. To this day, none of them have seen any of the money they were supposed to get. So, they recently decided to audit The Weinstein Company on the production of the movie to see if they got fukked, because they think they did.

But the Weinsteins have first refusal rights, and a second lo option on any Clerks 2 sequel, and the guy who plays Randall doesn't want to do the movie if the Weinsteins are involved.

And they have no financing behind the movie, either (this dude was talking about crowdsourcing :heh:)

So, no money, what looks like a rights battle coming up, and the cast isn't confirmed yet (Randall won't sign on until the Weinstein's are completely out). Why was this shyt announced, b? :why:

Looks like it's back to the OG style Clerks 1 was filmed in, fukk them nikkas :smugdraper:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks like it's back to the OG style Clerks 1 was filmed in, fukk them nikkas :smugdraper:

Breh, the Weinsteins give zero fukks. Knowing them, they'd sue for the rights, and then ask Quentin Tarantino to make Clerks 3 with Michael Madsen and Mickey Rourke as Randall and Dante.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Breh, the Weinsteins give zero fukks. Knowing them, they'd sue for the rights, and then ask Quentin Tarantino to make Clerks 3 with Michael Madsen and Mickey Rourke as Randall and Dante.

:dead:

Uma Thurman and John Travolta as Jay and Silent Bob :heh:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So, Kevin Smith did a podcast about this and the legal situation is fukked up. This won't be out for a while.

Apparently, to get the guy who plays Randall on board, they took a sweat equity deal from the Weinsteins. Smith, Scott Mosier, and the guys who played Randall and Dante were paid $100k each up front, and would get a percentage of the movie's profits. Smith gave Randall his $100k.

So, the movie comes out, and allegedly makes a decent profit. To this day, none of them have seen any of the money they were supposed to get. So, they recently decided to audit The Weinstein Company on the production of the movie to see if they got fukked, because they think they did.

But the Weinsteins have first refusal rights, and a second lo option on any Clerks 2 sequel, and the guy who plays Randall doesn't want to do the movie if the Weinsteins are involved.

And they have no financing behind the movie, either (this dude was talking about crowdsourcing :heh:)

So, no money, what looks like a rights battle coming up, and the cast isn't confirmed yet (Randall won't sign on until the Weinstein's are completely out). Why was this shyt announced, b? :why:

:why: Why Kev gotta be reactionary and announce it. Its almost like he's not ready to retire but doesnt wanna continue, so he just puts it out there like a possibilty while he does the Q&A/Podcast thing.

But this situation seems weird. Is this all from money of Clerks 2? Damn he worked with the Weinsteins for years..guess that partly explains why they were so leanient to the viewaskew universe all those years knocking out movies that only $20 mil tops at the Box Office.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
he wants to fund it on Kickstarter. Not gonna lie, I'll probably throw a hund at it if I could be an extra. I live 5 minutes from Quick Stop. I want to go in and buy some Chewlie's gum.

Not a brag, but I kinda have an in with the Comic Book Men crew. I play poker with all of them.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Yeah I seen him do a Q and A last month and he mentioned that he basically did Clerks II for free to get Jeff Anderson aboard. Said that to him, having a great movie to watch and put out for other people to see is enough payment for him.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they fukked ben and matt out of their good will hunting money... they refused to do dogma until they got their cut.... harvey gave them a mill and they signed on :heh:

Breh, they are MASTERS of Movie Math. To the point where people don't know if they learned it from Disney while they were there, or if Disney learned from them while they were there.

Listening to him talk about the making of Clerks 2, it was clear the Weinsteins were tryna fukk that budget up. The movie cost 5 mil to make, and they spent 10 mil on marketing.

Weinsteins about that paper :wow:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
he wants to fund it on Kickstarter. Not gonna lie, I'll probably throw a hund at it if I could be an extra. I live 5 minutes from Quick Stop. I want to go in and buy some Chewlie's gum.

Not a brag, but I kinda have an in with the Comic Book Men crew. I play poker with all of them.

Proof it:dwillhuh:

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
Didn't they use Kickstarter for Red State?

If it ever gets going I hope Moise is in the movie doing something for more than a few seconds. On SModcast he is hilarious.

Conz

Superstar
Daps

pics straight from my phone

167v4v4.jpg

2e1vvc6.jpg

dw3lw.jpg

k3qfsg.jpg

Conz

Superstar
Daps
didnt want to just flat take pics. the little asian dude Ming plays, Brian Johnson plays, the guy Mike, Dante from Clerks was there once. Smith and Mewes were there once but bailed. they put Smith's chipstack next to me, and he never showed back up, i was fukkin pissed.