Clerks 3

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is excellent news......i like all his movies, chasing amy tho was his worst, but it was still a decent movie.

as a NJ living, mega Kevin Smith fanboy, I can honestly say "fukk Chasing Amy." That shyt is a snoozefest and I have zero desire to ever watch it again.

Main chick is terrible. Story and movie are grossly overrated.

I hate Chasing Amy for one reason. Joey Lauren Adams.

:whoa:

You nikkas talking blasphemous over here.

Dogma is the goat ks flick :stopitslime:

Second GOAT. :birdman:

Superstar
Daps
Top tier Kevin Smith films are . . .

Clerks I
Mallrats
Dogma
Chasing Amy

. . . in whichever order.

Everything else is just competing for 5th best.

Clerks 3 will probably suck, but I won't blame him for seeking one last payday.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
I know it won't be black and white but I hope it's not bright as fukk like 2. It looked like the 6th season of Scrubs.

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
jay and silent bob strike back is his best movie....the whole basis is a stupid pointless movie in which the main characters try to stop a stupid pointless movie about themselves....inception

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Watching Dogma right now, this was my introduction to View Askew. Only Kevin Smith can make a movie about religion entertaining to me, getting across all of his views without going over my head and making me laugh at the same time. All of Matt Damon's cleansings were fukking ill. Definitely my favorite of them all and I don't even like religious flicks like that but this was like a Star Wars epic to me with all of the different teams' journeys to Jersey. GOAT Smith joint

Clerks 3 can't be worse than 2, I'll be there opening day Lord willing

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna see this, but it'll be interesting to see what it's really about. Clerks 2 was timed/put together at a perfect time for the characters, and the audience that the original was aimed at. Would there be much new to say in the 7-8 years between the second and third movies? Watch this shyt be all serious since Smith has gotten extra emotional in recent years.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Rosario :takedat:

But real talk, that fadeout at the Quick Stop was the GOAT way to end it. The fukk he got for us now? :wtf:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
og clerks one of fav movies ever
dogma second best ks movie imo, by a lot

clerks 2 was actually much better than I thought it'd be, altho its not touching the first.

at this point tho, Id be surprised if clerks 3 is anything decent :manny:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chasing Amy :bow::bow::bow:

I liked Clerk 2 better than the first one. Runs out thread, before the :fire:ball comes.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Cool, I guess. I hope he does it right but it'll be interesting to see what the reception will be. Kevin is still my dude.

btw Smodcast= :lawd:

been listening to it for years (aint really got into the other pods on the network except Fatman on Batman. Need to catch up on the others)

SHEKY!!!:damn:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, Kevin Smith did a podcast about this and the legal situation is fukked up. This won't be out for a while.

Apparently, to get the guy who plays Randall on board, they took a sweat equity deal from the Weinsteins. Smith, Scott Mosier, and the guys who played Randall and Dante were paid $100k each up front, and would get a percentage of the movie's profits. Smith gave Randall his $100k.

So, the movie comes out, and allegedly makes a decent profit. To this day, none of them have seen any of the money they were supposed to get. So, they recently decided to audit The Weinstein Company on the production of the movie to see if they got fukked, because they think they did.

But the Weinsteins have first refusal rights, and a second lo option on any Clerks 2 sequel, and the guy who plays Randall doesn't want to do the movie if the Weinsteins are involved.

And they have no financing behind the movie, either (this dude was talking about crowdsourcing :heh:)

So, no money, what looks like a rights battle coming up, and the cast isn't confirmed yet (Randall won't sign on until the Weinstein's are completely out). Why was this shyt announced, b? :why: