Classic Article of the Source: Dr Dre Leaving Death Row

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
source-july-1996-82_2.jpg

I posted the article on my page. Man Dre was talking alot of sh*t here.. He came across as very condescending at times but also very serious and was basically defending his name. He basically BURIED D.O.C., responded to Tupac(which most likely led to about 3 or 4 diss records coming to his direction), he talked about the East/West beef and explained why he didn't stand with Snoop on trial.

I didnt know the original name for Aftermath was Black Market Records, He tried to buy out Cedric Singleton(who ran the original black market and had Brotha Lynch and X-raided) out but he refused, told Dre either a 100 stacks or beat it. Dre said fukk it :yeshrug:Definitely worth the read

CLASSIC SOURCE INTERVIEW: Dr Dre Leaves Death Row

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
:salute: was this the issue before they had Suge on the cover? the Suge one was the first one i ever bought for myself but i remember reading this one. i got a gang of mags from thimk years ago then he switched it up & made it invite only, got the invite then something happened and i couldn't sign in anymore than it stopped, don't know if it's still going.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
:salute: was this the issue before they had Suge on the cover? the Suge one was the first one i ever bought for myself but i remember reading this one. i got a gang of mags from thimk years ago then he switched it up & made it invite only, got the invite then something happened and i couldn't sign in anymore than it stopped, don't know if it's still going.

Nah this was the issue way afterwards.But from my knowledge, this was probably where they started the smear campaign on Dre.

I dig the part where he said he wasn't no industry ho and wasn't gonna jump on any hot artist wave, that's how he maintained for 30 years

EDIT: Yes this came out before the Suge one

Last edited:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everything dre predicted came to fruition, a top 5 figure in rap history. i always admired this dude more than most ( outside of whooping females) but career wise, i think he probably the number 1 dude in rap history. to be a part of so many classic and important moments. NWA, Deathrow, Aftermath…..Beats….seems like evry situation just got bigger and bigger. he did his best music at deathrow though imho.

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I am kind of amazed at how goddamn on point he was about where things will go, and his outlook in general on life. If not for the heavy knuckle game on women people would probably pump this nikka up way more about being a visionary. Thanks for the article.