Class action lawsuit against EA for madden

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They tripled the payouts on this. So the older versions will get you back $20.37/game and newer ones $5.85.

If you bought EA Sports' American football products between 2005 and mid-2012, good news: An adjustment to its settlement of a class action lawsuit has elevated the pittance of a payout gamers would have gotten into something a little more substantial. You have a month to claim it.

Madden's Exclusive NFL License Survives in $27 Million "Monopoly" Lawsuit Settlement
MaddenRead…
RQ

To recap, in July, Electronic Arts settled a suit brought against its notorious exclusive license to make NFL video games, alleging price-fixing, illegal monopoly, and a bathtub full of other complaints. Rather than continue to litigate it, EA negotiated a $27 million pool to distribute to the thousands of customers who bought Madden, and NCAA Football and the fourteen or so people who actually bought Arena Football. (Note: EA admitted to no wrongdoing in the settlement, and its exclusive deal with the NFL still survives.)

The payouts have now been tripled, though the hit to EA is still $27 million. This is because fewer claims were filed than were expected when the prize pool was originally divided. So a judge modified the settlement's distribution plan to ensure that members of the class action (i.e. you, the Madden customer) get as much moolah as possible. So here's what you get:

• If, between Jan. 1, 2005 and June 21, 2012, you bought a new copy of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, PC, or GameCube, it's $20.37 per game, capped at eight in all.

• If, between Jan. 1, 2005 and June 21, 2012, you bought a new copy of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or, God help you, the Wii, it's $5.85 per game, capped at eight.

The original payoff was $6.79 for the previous generation games and $1.95 for the current gens, or a third of the new sum.

The Madden Class-Action Settlement Triples Its Payout to Gamers

I made my claim when this story first broke but never received any confirmation. Do I need to re-submit it?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Saw it the other day, figured id only get like $50. Said fukk it :manny:

TheSedd

Happy Hour Expert
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix
Yep. My hope was to just get a new game out of it. May get a game and a half.