Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
i found out today my company is moving to warren pkwy/tollway and we're getting free memberships to cowboysfit. i'm basically a cowboy brehs. :mjcry:

Cowboys Fitness

5BMile_Map_desktop.jpg

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im congratulating you on a happy moment and you're still in your emotions about me hurting your feelings in the past

Which is the hoe like behaviour

Take the compliment and move on
You're stupid for even thinking I give a fukk about you enough to hold a grudge. You were in the other thread saying Zeke got away with something he did. Again, you're a hoe. I don't give a shyt about you :gucci: you in OUR thread dumbass white boy

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're stupid for even thinking I give a fukk about you enough to hold a grudge. You were in the other thread saying Zeke got away with something he did. Again, you're a hoe. I don't give a shyt about you :gucci: you in OUR thread dumbass white boy

Who are you talking to? Chip Kelly? :mjlol:

Put his dumbass on ignore. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
You're waaay too emotional and i care way too little to verbally slap you around again.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
YO... :dahell:
Elliott ruling points to “varying” nature of Lisa Friel’s testimony

Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2017, 10:20 PM EDT
The challenge to Ezekiel Elliott‘s suspension has from time to time centered on the role of NFL Special Counsel for Investigations Lisa Friel. Elliott and the NFL Players Association believe that Friel downplayed at best and concealed at worst the concerns of NFL Director of Investigations Kia Roberts regarding Elliott’s accuser’s credibility because Friel wanted to recommend an Elliott suspension — and because she knew that Roberts (who interviewed Elliott’s accuser six times to Friel’s none) didn’t agree with that outcome.

Judge Amos L. Mazzant III took specific aim at Friel’s credibility in the 22-page ruling blocking the Elliott suspension pending resolution of the lawsuit. Like many judges do, Judge Mazzant used a footnote for making his point.

Here’s footnote 9 to the written decision from Judge Mazzant: “Friel presented varying testimony throughout her arbitration [appearance] regarding Roberts’s opinions. She initially claimed that she could not discuss what conversations took place during the meeting because ‘[w]e had counsel in the room at the time, so [the conversations] would be protected by privilege.’ . . . Friel stated, ‘I don’t know if [Roberts]’ had the opportunity to discuss her views on the sufficiency of the evidence. Friel further said that ‘[Roberts] wasn’t in the meeting [Friel] had with [the Commissioner].’ . . . She additionally states ‘[t]hat’s not to say [Roberts’s] views were not communicated to him in some other fashion. I don’t know the answer to that.’ She confidently states that she does not ‘know if they were or weren’t [communicated to him in some fashion]’ but she asserts ‘that’s certainly possible.’ . . . However, in response to the very next question she communicated Roberts’s views to Goodell. . . . Yet, she could not ‘tell [the attorney] precisely’ how Roberts’s views were expressed, but just that ‘it was presented to him.’ Then, Friel claims that ‘Cathy Lanier may have’ expressed Roberts’s views to the Commissioner, but she does not ‘recall anything specific.'”

The most reasonable explanation for Friel’s zeal to suspend Elliott comes from the obvious desire to avoid another Ray Rice scenario, in which a player who was indeed guilty of domestic violence wasn’t sufficiently disciplined. Friel was hired in the aftermath of the Rice fiasco, and it’s now clear that the league has crafted a process aimed at erring on the side of suspending the innocent instead of failing to properly punish the guilty.

Then there’s that nagging perception that Friel’s status as a life-long Giants fan has at some level influenced her decision-making when the league failed to properly punish former Giants kicker Josh Brown last year and more recently when the league threw the book at Elliott.

Here’s what we wrote on the topic in 2016: “If Mike Kensil’s relationship with the Jets was fair game for scrutiny in the #DeflateGate saga regarding whether the league wanted to harm the Patriots, it’s fair to point out league-office allegiances that could help a team. Moreover, during the officiating lockout of 2012, a replacement official who made it clear that he is a Saints fan was pulled from a Saints game. If fan allegiance is enough to result in an official being removed from a given game, it’s fair to at least ask the question of whether Friel’s affinity for the Giants influenced her decision to opt for lenience with Brown — and her willingness to not press harder to hear from Brown’s ex-wife or from law enforcement.”

That same reasoning makes it fair to wonder whether Friel’s affinity for the Giants influenced her decision to opt for a harsh outcome for Elliott under circumstances that a federal judge has found to reveal fundamental unfairness to the player. Regardless of the reason (helping the Giants, hurting the Cowboys, protecting the league office against another Rice fiasco, telling the boss what she thinks the boss wants to hear, and/or good, old-fashioned incompetence) the Elliott ruling shines a fresh light on Friel and the work she has done on behalf of the league.

-----------------------------------------------------

I don't see how this suspension doesn't get completely terminated. :mindblown:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
look at this trash on the front page of espn.

The process needs fixing, but Zeke Elliott's suspension should stand

The process needs fixing, but Zeke Elliott's suspension should stand

The federal judge in the Ezekiel Elliott case just Richard Berman-ed the NFL. You remember Berman, right? He was the U.S. District Judge who temporarily sucked the air out of Deflategate, setting Tom Brady free to play the 2015 season while taking a sledgehammer to Roger Goodell's union-bargained system of justice.

The judge this time around, U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant might never again have to pay for lunch in Dallas (Berman famously won a lifetime supply of free Dunkin' Donuts coffee in Maine) if Elliott plays the full season and helps the Cowboys win the Super Bowl for the first time in 22 years. Mazzant blasted the league by granting Elliott and the NFL Players Association a temporary restraining order and halting the implementation of the running back's six-game suspension for allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend, ruling that the NFL was playing this game on a field tilted dramatically in its favor.

"Fundamental unfairness," the judge wrote, "is present throughout the entire arbitration process. ... The NFLPA was not given the opportunity to discharge its burden to show that Goodell's decision was arbitrary and capricious. At every turn, Elliott and the NFLPA were denied the evidence or witnesses needed to meet their burden. Fundamental unfairness infected this case from the beginning, eventually killing any possibility that justice would be served. Accordingly, the Court finds that the NFLPA demonstrated a substantial likelihood of success on the merits."

Ouch.

On one hand, Mazzant is right: This particular NFL process is broken. A system that assigns Goodell the roles of prosecutor, judge, and jury just doesn't work, and the league office and owners have to work with the players to ultimately settle on an independent overlord of discipline. But on the other hand, the union, the Cowboys and Jerry Jones -- once Greg Hardy's chief enabler -- shouldn't be doing any end zone dances over this courtroom victory.

Elliott had earned his punishment, and after committing so many unforced errors while confronting (or not confronting) domestic violence, the league did the right thing in sending a message to players that one term of employment, above all, must be understood:

If you assault a woman, your career will be dramatically altered in a negative way.

Josh Brown, the former Giants kicker, just got six games added to the one game he'd already served for allegedly abusing his wife. Perhaps the NFL blitzed Brown before this latest Elliott ruling to get a victory on the board, or to prove it treats players of all skill levels, races and team affiliations the same when it comes to domestic violence. Perhaps not.

Either way, let us remember the league's letter to Elliott informing him of the suspension said it found "substantial and persuasive evidence" that the 6-foot, 225-pound running back engaged in violence against the 5-5, 120-pound Tiffany Thompson "on multiple occasions." Though Robert Tobias, principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, Ohio, said criminal charges were never filed against Elliott because of a lack of sufficient corroborating evidence, he did tell the league: "We never concluded that she was lying to us. We didn't think that she was lying to us. ... We generally believed her for all of the incidents."

Tobias said Thompson's injuries were "consistent with what she said had happened. ... I feel like something definitely happened here."

Elliott has consistently denied ever striking, choking or pushing Thompson, and he claims that she told him, "You are a black, male athlete. I'm a white girl. They are not going to believe you." Elliott also claimed that Thompson fabricated the abuse claims and threatened to ruin his life when their relationship unraveled. One of Elliott's attorneys, Jeffrey Kessler, challenged her credibility by noting the league suspended his client based on three of the five incidents of abuse she cited over a week in July of last year.

New York Giants -- and maybe the rest of the season -- for the most recognizable American football team on the planet. It's yet another legal defeat for the NFL and Goodell. But it's a defeat of process. It's not a defeat of intent.

In her original Instagram post -- complete with photos showing her bruises -- Thompson said the abuse "has been happening to me for months and it finally got out of control to where I was picked up and thrown across the room by my arms. Thrown into walls. Being choked to where I have to gasp for breath. Bruised everywhere, mentally and physical abused."

After the sickening episodes involving Ray Rice, Hardy and Brown, the league had to make this stand. And now the league has to fight this case to the figurative death in the courts and continue making this necessary point:

If you hit a woman, your NFL career will end up getting seriously hurt.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@Ethnic Vagina Finder

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/21586933/

October 30, 2016...I been on this bytch case for damn near a year. :mjpls:

I sent her bio to Timmy Mac, Fish, C-Hill, etc....all of them told me to take off my tin foil. :gucci:

Now a year later, Florio/PFT openly proposing that her affinity for the Giants affected her decision. :wow: