CL Smooth going to be on Drink Champs

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Dude was mid-to-garbage on the mic IMO.
lol

he wasnt a rapper you had to rewind to hear that shyt again. He was good in his own way.

I think he was jealous of Pete for working with so many other artists. I get that tho.. what if he had The World is Yours beat in their catalogue? shyt like that

skillz2

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol

he wasnt a rapper you had to rewind to hear that shyt again. He was good in his own way.

I think he was jealous of Pete for working with so many other artists. I get that tho.. what if he had The World is Yours beat in their catalogue? shyt like that

Why would he think that? Pete Rock is a great producer he's also extremely prolific I mean he's got an abundant amount of great beats in the vault that haven't even been released. Not sure why CL should be jealous of Pete lots of producers in that era were either part of a crew or in group branched out and worked with other artists.

I like CL and think he's kinda underrated but he's not NaS. If Pete gives CL the The World Is Yours beat don't think its same.

UNCLE JAM

Pro
Daps
Classic interview revisted.
https://escobar300.wordpress.com/20...my-beats-fakkittaken-from-2004-ahh-interview/

"Allhiphop.com: Do you wish to comment on some of things that Pete Rock has been saying lately?

CL Smooth: If you’re not here to help, f*** you! Don’t act like I’m a cancer or a parasite. I’m not jealous of you! I would never be jealous of nobody with one car and one garage. I’m trying to get four cars and four garages! What is the matter with you? Come back home. I’m building houses where I sold crack at. So, don’t tell me that I haven’t changed into a better man. I’m not going to allow the negative s**t to display and take the forefront because it’s too hard to come back in the game after ten years and talk s**t to a n***a like me. I don’t even let them street n***as talk to me like that. The biggest record on Pete Rock’s album is from CL Smooth. I don’t have to make it up…ask my hood! I’m not the toughest n***a; I’m just more serious than the average man. It shows in my music, my discipline, and my enthusiasm. All of my enthusiasm is catered toward what I’m trying to build and what these n***as remember about CL and Pete Rock. I’m keeping that legacy alive. How are you going to do thirty shows with me and then tell me you don’t need me? Come on, you never had packed shows until you were with CL! You are fresh off the block, you’re getting all these shows and all this money, but you don’t need me? You need me. I’m telling you to come back home, but come home with a business mind and a plan. Kamikazes never had any plans but crash! The thing about me is I’m diplomatic because I know that overkill is overkill. A lot of times, a n***a is so scared he kills himself, man. I was just here to save that n***a, man because his spirit was broken. He stopped combing his hair and brushing his teeth, and I said to him, “Man, there’s a bigger light than that.” I told him to dust himself off and let’s get it. I just asked him to do his job. Do your job, Pete Rock! I didn’t ask him to be a superhero; I asked that n***a to make me a beat. How did you get to be you if you didn’t make CL any beats? Give me a beat, shut the f*** up, and stop trying to live my life for me. Give me the beat n***a, and let me go out here and please our public! I’m not the problem. The problem was getting your ass on that plane and displaying what you are truly gifted at. Why be a rapper when there’s no future in it for you? You are a wack ass rapper. Let’s be honest!"

:mjlol:

Last edited:

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Classic interview revisted.

"Allhiphop.com: Do you wish to comment on some of things that Pete Rock has been saying lately?

CL Smooth: If you’re not here to help, f*** you! Don’t act like I’m a cancer or a parasite. I’m not jealous of you! I would never be jealous of nobody with one car and one garage. I’m trying to get four cars and four garages! What is the matter with you? Come back home. I’m building houses where I sold crack at. So, don’t tell me that I haven’t changed into a better man. I’m not going to allow the negative s**t to display and take the forefront because it’s too hard to come back in the game after ten years and talk s**t to a n***a like me. I don’t even let them street n***as talk to me like that. The biggest record on Pete Rock’s album is from CL Smooth. I don’t have to make it up…ask my hood! I’m not the toughest n***a; I’m just more serious than the average man. It shows in my music, my discipline, and my enthusiasm. All of my enthusiasm is catered toward what I’m trying to build and what these n***as remember about CL and Pete Rock. I’m keeping that legacy alive. How are you going to do thirty shows with me and then tell me you don’t need me? Come on, you never had packed shows until you were with CL! You are fresh off the block, you’re getting all these shows and all this money, but you don’t need me? You need me. I’m telling you to come back home, but come home with a business mind and a plan. Kamikazes never had any plans but crash! The thing about me is I’m diplomatic because I know that overkill is overkill. A lot of times, a n***a is so scared he kills himself, man. I was just here to save that n***a, man because his spirit was broken. He stopped combing his hair and brushing his teeth, and I said to him, “Man, there’s a bigger light than that.” I told him to dust himself off and let’s get it. I just asked him to do his job. Do your job, Pete Rock! I didn’t ask him to be a superhero; I asked that n***a to make me a beat. How did you get to be you if you didn’t make CL any beats? Give me a beat, shut the f*** up, and stop trying to live my life for me. Give me the beat n***a, and let me go out here and please our public! I’m not the problem. The problem was getting your ass on that plane and displaying what you are truly gifted at. Why be a rapper when there’s no future in it for you? You are a wack ass rapper. Let’s be honest!"

:mjlol:

:deadrose:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I would say mid, but garbage is going too far. What I will say is them nikkas wasn’t rappin bout nothin content wise. It was stream of conscious rhyming over smooth ass beats. A la Camp Lo and Ghostface

Curren$y and Larry June are current day examples

:mjlol: at putting Curren$y and Larry June in the same category as Camp Lo and Ghost lyrically, good god you cats don't be listening for shyt.