Civilization 6 Official Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
never played a civ game before, so I copped the bundle off steam. its fire but gotdamn can I get an in game tutorial please :dwillhuh:

ive been on YouTube all day trying to understand what im supposed to do...

I can build about 3 cities and then im told the citizens aint happy bc of I didnt give em ammenities...my main city has a coliseum but the other 2 are :flabbynsick: . Breh on YouTube said to get 10 cities within 100 turns...how tf is that possible

I wanna make Shaka Zulu proud brehs:mjcry:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
never played a civ game before, so I copped the bundle off steam. its fire but gotdamn can I get an in game tutorial please :dwillhuh:

I can build about 3 cities and then im told the citizens aint happy bc of I didnt give em ammenities...my main city has a coliseum but the other 2 are :flabbynsick: . Breh on YouTube said to get 10 cities within 100 turns...how tf is that possible

A coli post ain't gonna be enough to really get you acclimated, but once you finally figure out what you doing the shyt is god-tier gaming. Civ 6 was my first civ game and I'm itching for a civ 7

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fired this back up too after a long time away and it’s been fun, but yeah bro idk how the hell you getting 10 cities in a 100 turns 🤔 unless you just straight make cities and settlers non stop but even then ain’t it like 15-20 turns to make a settler? Great game either way tho. Only played civ3/expansions and civ 6

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I haven't watched THIS particular video, but the last time I got back into the game I watched a bunch of videos by this guy, and he seems to give good advice:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I haven't watched THIS particular video, but the last time I got back into the game I watched a bunch of videos by this guy, and he seems to give good advice:

ive been binging his videos and some other brehs too...I finally got the hang of it.

Im bout to go up in difficulty to see if I can hang now :smugfavre:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I've been playing this game since day one literally (I preordered it back then)...but this week was the very first time I finally figured out how to use "Rock Bands". They always just died on me after maybe 1 or two shows, and I didn't really see any kind of effect so it just seemed like a waste of "faith" points.

But this week was the first time I notived that the "Guitar" icon will show you your band's percentage chance of surviving a show. Using that I was able to have multiple bands surviving long enough to get promoted to Level 4, and they started bringing in massive amounts of tourism. I was able to win a Cultural Victory on "Emperor" level, in a game that I was WAAAY behind on Culture points for the entire game after getting beaten out of all wonders for most of the game.

Fully upgraded Rock Bands can basically WIN the game for you
:ohhh:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I've been playing this game since day one literally (I preordered it back then)...but this week was the very first time I finally figured out how to use "Rock Bands". They always just died on me after maybe 1 or two shows, and I didn't really see any kind of effect so it just seemed like a waste of "faith" points.

But this week was the first time I notived that the "Guitar" icon will show you your band's percentage chance of surviving a show. Using that I was able to have multiple bands surviving long enough to get promoted to Level 4, and they started bringing in massive amounts of tourism. I was able to win a Cultural Victory on "Emperor" level, in a game that I was WAAAY behind on Culture points for the entire game after getting beaten out of all wonders for most of the game.

Fully upgraded Rock Bands can basically WIN the game for you
:ohhh:

I only learned that last year from watching this guy's vids: https://www.youtube.com/@Ra1_

They're damn near a cheat code for cultural victories.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I made a big mistake getting this for the Switch. I basically carry this game around the house when I am not working. They did about as good of a job porting it to Switch as possible.