Votes: 36 46.8%
  • City Of God

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters

d o L o b

Pro
Daps
The Godfather II.

Nobody was fukkin with Coppola in the 70s. From Godfather's 1& 2, The Conversation and my favorite Apocalypse Now.

swampfox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all honesty, there is no right or wrong answer. Many lessons in both films. I went with the OG GF2, but City of God is a certified classic. I based the winner on the Game of life lessons. To me more lessons resonates with GF2. From family, to business, to snakes.

Last edited:

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
IMO Godfather 2 is better because I feel like I learn something new from it on each watch.

City Of God is amazing because it's nonstop sensory candy, but after watching it once you kinda learn everything you need to from it.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO Godfather 2 is better because I feel like I learn something new from it on each watch.

City Of God is amazing because it's nonstop sensory candy, but after watching it once you kinda learn everything you need to from it.

But see you don't. City of god has so many hidden jewels. Well that is if you look past the ultra sensory visuals and look deeper at how the cinematography and music create super dope symbolism.

Small case in point. The scene where rocket is stuck between cops with guns and the gangsta with guns. It's much more complex than " oh he will get shot either way or he should choose sides but both are corrupt". But that scene is a microsm of his life in the slums. Always in the middle. Being conscious yet indecisive. Being friend zoned All which saved his life by the way. But also shows how easy poverty can claim innocence.

I mean you can pull so much to describe him from that scene and his situation.