City Girl Mayor Spends Hundreds of Thousands Adding to $5 Million Debt in Just 2 Years

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Chill. That shyt is silent hill lmao
I said what I said. Indianapolis got no chill. fukk around and leave that bytch in a box minding your business smh. Gary different to me. Indiana in general a whole different state. Indiana got bytches though. I love my woman no homo

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
DOLTON - A south suburban politician under fire for the way she spends tax dollars has come up with a unique strategy to discourage people from running against her.

Tiffany Henyard is proposing a nearly 90% cut in her position's salary—but only if she's not filling it. It's just the latest controversy surrounding Henyard, who serves as both Thornton Township Supervisor and the Mayor of Dolton.

What the ordinance does is ensure that Henyard continues to receive her $224,000 a year salary as township supervisor. But if a non-incumbent becomes supervisor—in other words, if someone challenges Henyard and beats her—the salary for that position drops to just $25,000 a year, a pay cut of nearly 90%.

Trustee Gonzalez said it's a political poison pill to scare off competition.

"(It) discourages people from running is the first thing that comes to mind," he said.

But perhaps the bigger question is—is it legal?

"No. It's so illegal in so many ways. It violates so many tenets of the law," said municipal attorney Burt Odelson, who represents Henyard's political opposition in Dolton.

Odelson said under the concept of equal protection of the law, the salaries of elected officials have to be identity-blind, which means they don't change based on the person holding the job.

"It may be the worst attempt to try to dissuade people from running that I've ever seen. And that's a long time," said Odelson.

Henyard isn't facing re-election at the township until 2025. But already potential competitors are circling despite the drastically lower salary, including Illinois State Senator Napoleon Harris. But if Henyard is re-elected, she'll continue making the $224,000, even if she seems to believe the job is worth a fraction of that.

The ordinance also lowers the salaries of other election positions in the township—but again, only if someone new wins the job. It will likely stand as a curiosity, the only elected positions with two different salaries, until someone inevitably files a lawsuit.

that whole situation is wild in that town.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
She got a big billboard on the expressway now. Says if you need assistance call her for general help. Woman of the people :wow:

Sometimes I would get the feeling some of you do not know blk women in real life.
For example yourself, you know your wite mother.
Shout out to her, love and respect to her.

Point being, many of yall act like you hardly know any blk people.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes I would get the feeling some of you do not know blk women in real life.
For example yourself, you know your wite mother.
Shout out to her, love and respect to her.

Point being, many of yall act like you hardly know any blk people.

She just put up a new billboard outside of South Holland. Come get this fresh produce for free :blessed:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
She just put up a new billboard outside of South Holland. Come get this fresh produce for free :blessed:

Lots of farms where I live.
Was simply stating I understand perfectly your mindset.
Tell you something.
A LOT of posters from the same areas are alike.
Went to the same schools.
Parents did the same drugs.
Same kind of pollution.
etc etc etc

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Lots of farms where I live.
Was simply stating I understand perfectly your mindset.
Tell you something.
A LOT of posters from the same areas are alike.
Went to the same schools.
Parents did the same drugs.
Same kind of pollution.
etc etc etc
I don’t even know what you talking about. I just responded to your post. Lol

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don’t even know what you talking about. I just responded to your post. Lol

I am the poster you were talking mad shyt to in this thread
You joined up with Jackross who was inviting me to dolton for beef

You also an immigrant hater

You know exactly what the fukk I am talking about

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don’t think I quoted or responded to you in this thread :jbhmm:

It is not a big deal. Just got an understanding that both you gentlemen are from that area.
A lot of the issues we have is not knowing the mindset of each other.
How we each got to be who we are today.
Nature/Nurture

Again, you will find many posters are very similar, who are from the same locations.

The schools, politicians, tax base, jobs, stores, pollution, level of education, level of poverty etc etc etc

In any case, take care.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

that whole situation is wild in that town.
How is that even legal?

The ordinance also lowers the salaries of other election positions in the township—but again, only if someone new wins the job. It will likely stand as a curiosity, the only elected positions with two different salaries, until someone inevitably files a lawsuit.

Makes sense now why everyone else went along with it outside of the one who didn’t.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
It is not a big deal. Just got an understanding that both you gentlemen are from that area.
A lot of the issues we have is not knowing the mindset of each other.
How we each got to be who we are today.
Nature/Nurture

Again, you will find many posters are very similar, who are from the same locations.

The schools, politicians, tax base, jobs, stores, pollution, level of education, level of poverty etc etc etc

In any case, take care.

It was a big of enough deal for you to quote me months later. In a thread I never talked to you in.. Then you say you only quoting me because we had words in this thread :dahell:

You even talked about my mom :dahell:

But it’s ok. You just logged in the wrong account :youngsabo:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just off the thumbnail, thats not her real hair.
Right?

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
It was a big of enough deal for you to quote me months later. In a thread I never talked to you in.. Then you say you only quoting me because we had words in this thread :dahell:

You even talked about my mom :dahell:

But it’s ok. You just logged in the wrong account :youngsabo:

I say not a big deal because obviously your mother raised you well.
I respect civility.
We might disagree on everything in the world.
Civility reigns supreme.

Do not be an uncouth savage, like certain people.