Cities: Skylines II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (October 24, 2023)

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im a little annoyed that I bought this game on steam. Game pass released it a day later. I double paid :snoop:

There aren't even mods yet to make steam worth it. Just Think of how many only fans subscriptions I could've bought with that money:mjcry:

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
Finally got a good start on a city that has potential. Still early though

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
27-October-06-59-23-00.png

I hate it
full
. I should have redrawn the starter roads to make them work for me. It's salvageable but I gotta buy a couple more tiles to get industry zoned over the hill and across the water. It wasn't my intention to zone essentially a trailer park, but it actually adds some character :ehh: . I like how you can have some finer grained control over the building type and size based on how large you zone. The 2 blocks closest to the camera I had deliberate sizing, then the next block I let the game handle it. I wanted to transition into commercial then transition again into an old town style area.

Superstar
Daps

I hate it
full
. I should have redrawn the starter roads to make them work for me. It's salvageable but I gotta buy a couple more tiles to get industry zoned over the hill and across the water. It wasn't my intention to zone essentially a trailer park, but it actually adds some character :ehh: . I like how you can have some finer grained control over the building type and size based on how large you zone. The 2 blocks closest to the camera I had deliberate sizing, then the next block I let the game handle it. I wanted to transition into commercial then transition again into an old town style area.

:ehh:
Looks like one of those dead north GA, NC/SC former industrial boom towns that’s full of maga hats, meth/fentanyl, and white people blaming everybody else for their generations of fukk ups. I hope you gentrify it with 20 Whole Foods stores or cleanse it with weaponized shyt water.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:
Looks like one of those dead north GA, NC/SC former industrial boom towns that’s full of maga hats, meth/fentanyl, and white people blaming everybody else for their generations of fukk ups. I hope you gentrify it with 20 Whole Foods stores or cleanse it with weaponized shyt water.
I want to put in an hour or two today and come up with a proper plan for expansion. It'll be gentrified before too long though.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this shyt is flames. Already replaced microsoft flight simulator as my relax while i hear my kids doing who knows what in the next room causing my wife to have a nervous breakdown game.

Thank gawd they already got some decent premade highway intersections in this game. Probably a 4th of my cities skylines playtime was making highway intersections :mjlol:
I actually enjoy making intersections. Its an artform :wow:

My issue witht the premade ones is that they dont match up to my "unique" early game streeet layout. I thin they are nice templates to get a rough idea of what a bridgesystem should look like, but i rarely find a place where they fit on their own.

One feature i would love is a copy-paste option for duplicating an existing structure you have made yourself in order to copy it elsewhere on the map

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
01-November-15-48-54-00.png

I did the only sensible thing and restarted :mjgrin: . Taking more advantage of the terrain tools to get stuff to look slightly more natural. I have to figure out how to grid the bottom chunk, then snake some roads through the trees since that's a big ass hill. I don't know where to put industry without fukking up shyt long term. No resource view yet, but I can cheese it with the expansion permits. There's a shyt ton of fertile ground to the top left but can't do shyt with it for a while. Wind blows from bottom left to top right, so I can't even take advantage of the wide open space without blowing pollution back onto my people. I think I can only go to the right over the rivers and deal with the issues later.

Superstar
Daps
I actually enjoy making intersections. Its an artform :wow:

My issue witht the premade ones is that they dont match up to my "unique" early game streeet layout. I thin they are nice templates to get a rough idea of what a bridgesystem should look like, but i rarely find a place where they fit on their own.

One feature i would love is a copy-paste option for duplicating an existing structure you have made yourself in order to copy it elsewhere on the map

That was the “plop the growables” and “plopplable RICO” mods for the original. I’m sure each is being engineered for c:s 2 as we speak.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For the longest time i was wondering why these little heart 💌 icons kept poppping up. :ohhh:

• i thought maybe they liked the new parking lot i made?

• or maybe the sims like that i finally gave them comercial space?

• or maybe there was more babymaking going on in the skyscrapers?

but no. The sims were not impressed with my city building . I just looked at the in-game month, and realized its valentines day:beli:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I hate it
full

Where's the stores???? :dahell: like a little office building, some commercial spots???

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
02-November-14-24-21-01.png
Grid in place, 80x104 meters, although I didn't realize that the leftmost part of the grid is 80x80. I might let that go in the interest of mitigating noise. I'm already anticipating the bottom to be nothing but commercial or maybe a school if it'll fit. I'll keep that sizing as I expand for a little bit longer, then play with maybe a more narrow sizing for a higher density section. I think I'll bite the bullet and carve a road through that forest in anticipation of forestry industry zoning. I need to start taking into consideration public transit and where I can lay some train and tram tracks. As soon as I get highways unlocked I'm going to move that interchange off to the left and get rid of that shyt start they give you. Can't see it from this perspective but I did some terrain levelling so that the buildings don't come in all janky. Once I get things off the ground I'll play for longer periods, but starting the city is always the worst for me.

Where's the stores???? :dahell: like a little office building, some commercial spots???
The first 3 rows were residential, the next couple rows were commercial.