"Citadel" | Prime Video | by the Russo Brothers ft. Richard Madden, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Stanley Tucci

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Richard Madden my guy but a paycheck is a paycheck :huhldup:

Chopra is the worst actress ever next to Gal Gadot

but overall the action is pretty cool
i'm only in it for the action. 95% of these shows are ass. but the action is this is top notch.

this indian chick is decently attractive, but she's built like a boxy mexican woman, sad times.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Did the new wife actually mention Jason Bourne? SMH

I hate lazy writers

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Gotta keep it chugging, I guess. They invested too much for it to bust.

As a Priyanka Chopra simp, I welcome as many seconds of screen time of her that I can get.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
They're creating a Citadel Cinematic Universe :russ:
Yep, they're looking to call it the spyverse. I don't think it's gonna hit like they're expecting. Next one is seemingly based in Italy. I would be interested if they branched out to Eastern Europe or Asia.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I didn't expect the twist this episode, but I considered it before. Seems like pretty much a win win across the board so far for the "protags" but things are going to get complicated soon.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they're lowkey admitting that Chopra isn't enough to carry the franchise :mjlol:
Nah, this was the plan from the jump.

It's discussed in the other thread, but essentially, Amazon came up with an idea for a spy universe that they could create shows in different countries for and presented it to the Russos.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I just finished up the 1st season. At 6 episodes, I figured I might as well finish it through. The dialogue is bad, it's either snappy quips between characters that is supposed to be funny? or exposition about spy jargon/missions. The action is okay at best, but nothing really creative or dazzling. It's going for a Mission Impossible level feel, without the budget or Tom Cruise willing to risk his life. I think back to shows like Banshee or Strike Back on Cinemax, which are still elite level for TV action and had many more thrilling sequences.

There are a lot of twists and turns, but at 6 episodes none of them really hit because you haven't been given time to invest in the characters. And the 2 leads are both attractive looking people, but not enough charisma to elevate their characters.

Who knows, with a smaller or more tight focus Citadel Diana could be an improvement. If they let the main actress use her natural accent it's already ahead of the curve.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I just seen this its so generic and bland.

The indian chick is cute her lips remind me of this Guyanese shorty I use to pipe but she had a mean body.
This Indian chick is thick in all the wrong places.
And her body looked wonky like a woman that just gave birth and is wearing a "faja" and the fat is being pushed to her back shoulders and arms :russ:.

Both leads have no charisma at all. I've only seen 1 episode of Arnold's Fubar Joint and he had more charisma in it than this cast phoned in performance:manny: . Action was decent nice background show. I was doing work all through it. And like all Amazon shows it looked great but its missing that it factor. They really only have The Boys in their farm. Other than that errthang is Hot basura :trash:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I just seen this its so generic and bland.

The indian chick is cute her lips remind me of this Guyanese shorty I use to pipe but she had a mean body.
This Indian chick is thick in all the wrong places.
And her body looked wonky like a woman that just gave birth and is wearing a "faja" and the fat is being pushed to her back shoulders and arms :russ:.

Both leads have no charisma at all. I've only seen 1 episode of Arnold's Fubar Joint and he had more charisma in it than this cast phoned in performance:manny: . Action was decent nice background show. I was doing work all through it. And like all Amazon shows it looked great but its missing that it factor. They really only have The Boys in their farm. Other than that errthang is Hot basura :trash:
Invincibe.