Chuck D: “I had 17 jobs before I became a rapper. I was never moved by street sh*t!”

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps

Some stupid daft mfukker tried to make me feel ashamed about my wage. I laughed. Told this cat i had 17 jobs from 1977-1986. From cleaning warehouses, moving furniture, changing tires, loading full trucks of mailbags etc. Minimum wage 1977 $2.30 & went to school 6 years to get a 4 year degree. I dug working as a young dude opposed to doing nothing and street sht . It NEVER appealed to me. At a young age and I knew I wasnt gonna be doing that level forever. So at 26 in 1986 I knew everything from that point was ARTainable on my own terms. You must design your LiFE
I rePEat i was never moved by STREET sht in real time as it was happening in the 80s . 90s 2000s . I wasn’t a kid. Saw that bulsht coming. The fact that people praised street lyrics as the best was bulsht to my blackness. I never dissed my fellow rappers because it was what some only claimed to know. But every damn body? Not. To this day its the most attractive deal getter in Hollywood.. our worst nightmare stories and it goes downhill from there. About US.
:wow:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
:mjlol:the goon lovers/criminal admirers/gang nerds ain't gonna like this. Either way good. Motherfukkers kill me shaming the everyday breh whether he trying to earn a degree or knock tin or flip a burger.

All that extra shyt has done tremendous damage to our sense of community, but fakkits get to cooing over POS like Rick Ross or some random Crip fakkit he ain't did shyt but terrorize his own people.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
If you not gonna name names then this is pointless

Are you passing judgment on artist, labels, fans? Who?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Are you passing judgment on artist, labels, fans? Who?

Does he really need to name names for you ? You have no idea of who was lying about being a regular person before getting put on ?

Pics been out for a decade and also in that time most nikkas from the golden era have snitched on themselves...

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Y'all ain't know? Chuck D is one of the GOAT.

Are you passing judgment on artists, labels, or fans? Who?
I think he's talking about everyone you've mentioned but especially and particularly those who fetishize and get their kicks out of it, along with seeking to profit off the dysfunction.