Daps
Nolan has never received a best director nom :francis:
hqg-520.gif

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I might start calling out everyone who has talked shyt since this forum has started with his last 2 movies.

Y'all thought he was washed, he's at the cleaners

:ducreux3:

Fans are ridiculous. Seriously. Someone gave it a bad review. Get off his dikk lol. Same thing happened with dark knight rises. Sending death threats to someone who didn't like a movie the fans hadn't even seen yet

:ehh:

@FlyRy's Nolan dikk riding getting so ridiculous @MartyMcFly and myself about to form the alliance no man ever thought imaginable.

rBgIqv4.png

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You negged me because I pointed out EW calling it movie of the year.

You might off yourself once this cleans up at the Oscars :smugnolan:
I negged you because you tagged me like three times in five minutes. Like all spam before thee, you get dealt with.:ducreux:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I negged you because you tagged me like three times in five minutes. Like all spam before thee, you get dealt with.:ducreux:
Im tag you again.

Your Age of Ultron hilarity has now been replaced with this

Nolan scared of the critics since some of them stopped drinking the kool-aid with Interstellar.:manny:
167njoi.jpg

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
One of his biggest flaws is he puts the spectacle over the characters. But the plots aren't always that great anyways and it weighs down even more because the characters (while portrayed well) aren't memorable outside of some from the Dark Knight trilogy. Also the bigger the budget, these things suffer for it. I'm not a big fan because I want to be a big fan. He frustrates me

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Im tag you again.

Your Age of Ultron hilarity has now been replaced with this

167njoi.jpg
Everybody knows American critics are weak-minded. Meanwhile the first major Dutch newspaper gave it a 2/5, said a couple years old BBC docu-drama starring Benedict Cumberbatch did a better job of making you feel the cost of battle than this.

:huhldup:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They're so major they apparently don't have a name :bryan:

Since you ask.:manny:

Zelden zag een oorlog er zo aangeharkt uit als in Dunkirk

For the record, the title of the review translates to "Rarely a war looked so clinical", which is exactly what the trailers make the movie look like too. The most telling part:

Dunkirk is een curieus geval: de film is net te afstandelijk en kunstmatig voor een meeslepend oorlogsdrama, maar voor een fijnzinnige auteursfilm bevat Dunkirk dan weer te weinig treffende ideeën en observaties. Van veel verhaal of plot is geen sprake, maar als ervaringscinema valt er aan Dunkirk ook niet zo gek veel te beleven.

Dunkirk is a curious case: the film is just too distant and artificial for a captivating war drama, but for a sharp author film Dunkirk has too few striking ideas and observations. There is no story or plot, but as an cinematic experience, Dunkirk does not offer much excitement.

Everything about this sounds precisely as I feared the movie would be.:wtfgosling:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Since you ask.:manny:

Zelden zag een oorlog er zo aangeharkt uit als in Dunkirk

For the record, the title of the review translates to "Rarely a war looked so clinical", which is exactly what the trailers make the movie look like too. The most telling part:

Dunkirk is een curieus geval: de film is net te afstandelijk en kunstmatig voor een meeslepend oorlogsdrama, maar voor een fijnzinnige auteursfilm bevat Dunkirk dan weer te weinig treffende ideeën en observaties. Van veel verhaal of plot is geen sprake, maar als ervaringscinema valt er aan Dunkirk ook niet zo gek veel te beleven.

Dunkirk is a curious case: the film is just too distant and artificial for a captivating war drama, but for a sharp author film Dunkirk has too few striking ideas and observations. There is no story or plot, but as an cinematic experience, Dunkirk does not offer much excitement.

Everything about this sounds precisely as I feared the movie would be.:wtfgosling:
Well if 99% of those who have seen it are calling it a masterpiece, maybe I should believe Rik Smits cousin :troll: