Christian Serratos as Selena Quintanilla on Selena: The Series | Netflix 2020

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Not trying to be disrespect but what exactly was Selena's appeal to American audiences? Was it simply for her being from Texas

At the time (late 80s Early 90s) there were very few Latino pop stars in American pop, especially those who were open about their Mexican heritage on top of that she was a legitimately good singer and she was one of the few females who had superstar potential in multiple lanes.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ok finally caught up.

*sigh*

Idk. I just didn't see or feel SELENA with Christian's portrayal. Maybe it's because she looks nothing like Selena or didn't match the body. Something was missing....but at least she captured her goofy personality well.

Is it wrong that I thought Selena & Pete looked better as a couple? Not feeling this Chris but hopefully that changes in part 2. J-Lo & Jon Seda played the hell out of Selena & Chris.

I see Suzette still a hater in both the series and movie :lolbron:

It was nice to get more background of things that the movie didn't cover. I wish Chris had some input in the series

It's funny because I thought Christian did an excellent job, I think she (and really the whole production) was more the victim of cheesy writing.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
The show portrayed her and her family of almost feeling inferior for being mexican and using tejano music to get on. If they were really like that I'm surprised so many mexicans champion her :manny:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Waitn for thisbbytch to show up

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Now that I’m finished with it.. I was right.

Pointless as fukk.
I’m not mad at Christian Serratos tho. I thought she actually did a good job in the role, considering.. :yeshrug: Did not need it tho.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The show portrayed her and her family of almost feeling inferior for being mexican and using tejano music to get on. If they were really like that I'm surprised so many mexicans champion her :manny:

I think her dad is a real life conservative. He probably felt that way but the kids probably didn't :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ol girl didnt look like selena at all to me

Show was mid
I agree.Christian looked nor acted anything like Selena imo....Random as fukk, but I was searching vids about gardening, and came across this chick

:ohhh:....She's 95% Selena.I would've thrown her in some acting classes quick