Christian Serratos as Selena Quintanilla on Selena: The Series | Netflix 2020

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Young people don’t really like old movies
You can't underrate this. Although there are of course people in every generation like this these new kids don't fukk with shyt at all. I have some female friends who are barely a generation younger then me (past their mid-20s while I'm 33) and they don't even entertain the idea of checking for something that was made before they were born. As an 80s kid just the thought of it is :picard: to me.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
watched the first episode, pretty boring. it pretty much followed the movie

I downloaded the first season but didn’t watch yet.

but I wonder how do you top the movie outside of getting an actress who looks like a Selena clone and film it in a different style. Everyone knows how it all ends so it’s on the directors to flip it another way.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't underrate this. Although there are of course people in every generation like this these new kids don't fukk with shyt at all. I have some female friends who are barely a generation younger then me (past their mid-20s while I'm 33) and they don't even entertain the idea of checking for something that was made before they were born. As an 80s kid just the thought of it is :picard: to me.
I only started watching old movies because of Arnold, once I saw predator I realized old movies could be good.

Selena

Pro
Daps
Ok finally caught up.

*sigh*

Idk. I just didn't see or feel SELENA with Christian's portrayal. Maybe it's because she looks nothing like Selena or didn't match the body. Something was missing....but at least she captured her goofy personality well.

Is it wrong that I thought Selena & Pete looked better as a couple? Not feeling this Chris but hopefully that changes in part 2. J-Lo & Jon Seda played the hell out of Selena & Chris.

I see Suzette still a hater in both the series and movie :lolbron:

It was nice to get more background of things that the movie didn't cover. I wish Chris had some input in the series