Chris Rock: Total Blackout Tour is the GOAT stand up. I urge everyone to go (spoilers upon request)

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I saw Chapelle in NY couple months ago. Was hysterical. Plus he had Seinfeld Bill Bellamy, Mos Def and Talib Kweli performing... was an epic show.. I've always found him funnier than Chris Rock.

If I can get tickets cheap I'll go see it tho.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Chappelle is my goat comic. Absolute goat.

This was better than all his stand ups imo :manny:
I will say this though--A lot of Chapelle's shyt is off the cuff, it's like hes just talking to you. Rock is still super professional when he does a tour like this, his act is very finely tuned and he's been perfecting it in private letting other comics watch him and give notes. is he releasing a special on this tour?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
he's not coming anywhere near me :mjcry:

I can't imagine him being better than Chapelle though who I've seen 3 times now.
He's way past his prime. But for me, stand up wise, in his prime Rock is way better stand up comedian than Dave. Dave is hilarious but stand up wise I get bored with him.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I went in March. It was the one when Dave Chappelle showed up and they performed together. :blessed:

But because they did Chris didn't do his set routine so I'm looking forward to watching the special on Netflix.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw Chris in May in Atlanta. He had Jeff Ross open for him. Chris was funny for about a good hour. The last 30 minutes was still, funny but dragged.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I went to see this show Friday at the MGM here in Maryland. This is the best standup I have seen, and I have seen many. (yes I saw Dave Chappelle last month in DC). I can urge you that this is a pro black event. Everything you love about Chris Rock but this is as sharp and as funny as he has ever been to me. I give this a 10/10. If you want spoilers on jokes/topics just let me know and I'll put them in a spoiler tag.

Also, if you have been to the show, how did you like it ?

My wife and I saw the show in Australia when we went. it was good. The presentation of the old black comedy album covers he had playing in the background before the show started was :ohhh:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I saw Chris in May in Atlanta. He had Jeff Ross open for him. Chris was funny for about a good hour. The last 30 minutes was still, funny but dragged.
Yeah he wanted to talk about his divorce but it seemed like he held back and didn't hit hard with some compelling bits which it seemed like he wanted to do but either the jokes weren't there or he just didn't have the material prepared like he thought.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I went to see this show Friday at the MGM here in Maryland. This is the best standup I have seen, and I have seen many. (yes I saw Dave Chappelle last month in DC). I can urge you that this is a pro black event. Everything you love about Chris Rock but this is as sharp and as funny as he has ever been to me. I give this a 10/10. If you want spoilers on jokes/topics just let me know and I'll put them in a spoiler tag.

Also, if you have been to the show, how did you like it ?

Yeah thought it was dope took my dad
Did he do that destiny child bit
Which one you think he fukked ?