China largest city on earth... Jing-Jin--Ji population 130million

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place

Every countries undercounting their number.
I read that a Chinese doctor estimate that China's true number might be around 300,000-400,000 cases and around 10,000-12,000 deaths. That's still far lower than US's 53 million cases and 350,000 excess deaths so far.

Their is a difference between lowered estimates and under reporting. I don't believe nothing they say.

They are in the position where they can't close factories. So as long as people aren't dropping dead in the street they will sweep everything under the rug.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
That nuke portion of my post was actually a hyperlink to a bloomberg article:
A Successful U.S. Missile Intercept Ends the Era of Nuclear Stability

Though I'm not sure how effective it is, but if it has the potential to intercept ICBMs like that then the power dynamic completely shifts.. However I still don't think the world or the American people would be OK with using a nuclear weapon on anther country after Japan. Especially considering how much more powerful they are now. It would have to be in retaliation to us getting nuked first which is really what MAD is about.
Told you that ARM deal was gonna wake them up

Chinese Scientists Claim Breakthrough in Quantum Computing Race

they are also the first country to teleport a particle. I warned yall. :francis:

they now have a rover on the dark side of the moon, their own space station, and are aiming for mars in the next 3 years. but yall think this a game. folks gon learn. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
giphy.gif

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Told you that ARM deal was gonna wake them up

Chinese Scientists Claim Breakthrough in Quantum Computing Race

they are also the first country to teleport a particle. I warned yall. :francis:

they now have a rover on the dark side of the moon, their own space station, and are aiming for mars in the next 3 years. but yall think this a game. folks gon learn. :francis:

Yes, I saw this a few days ago.. kinda brushed it off at first, but it's been peer reviewed and it's legit:

Practical problems
“This is the first time that quantum advantage has been demonstrated using light or photonics,” says Christian Weedbrook, chief executive of quantum-computing startup Xanadu in Toronto, Canada, which is seeking to build practical quantum computers based on photonics.

Walmsley says this claim of quantum advantage is convincing. “Because [the experiment] hews very closely to the original Aaronson–Arkiphov scheme, it is unlikely that a better classical algorithm can be found,” he says.

However, Weedbrook points out that as yet, and in contrast to Google’s Sycamore, the Chinese team’s photonic circuit is not programmable, so at this point “it cannot be used for solving practical problems”.

But he adds that if the team is able to build an efficient enough programmable chip, several important computational problems could be solved. Among those are predicting how proteins dock to one another and how molecules vibrate, says Lu.

Weedbrook notes that photonic quantum computing started later than the other approaches, but it could now “potentially leap-frog the rest”. At any rate, he adds, “It is only a matter of time before quantum computers will leave classical computers in the dust.”
Physicists in China challenge Google’s ‘quantum advantage’

This is a good thing. For them and for us. It shows glimpses that they're able to stand on their own two feet, but more importantly for us, it forces us to now to re-evaluate our current priorities as we now have real competition/threat that could undermine our ideals if they're able to claim supremacy in this space.

This is now gonna force the government to fund and fast track programs to get more people into STEM without the crazy financial overhead and without leaving our technological advancements entirely up to the private sector. Which goes back to my earlier point about us pricing education as a luxury and using it for profit while other developed countries are doing the opposite because they're looking at the long term benefits. We're gonna be asking ourselves some really hard questions in the next few years.

The tech cold war is gonna be good for us. We're going to see rapid advancements in science; healthcare/medicine, biotech, automation, renewable energy etc.. over the next few years/decades the average quality of life should improve as a side effect of this.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And. So. It. Begins. :whoo:

Guess it’s going to be Elon vs. China for the new space race. Y’all better get your spaceX stock when he finally ipo(s). I imagine govt funds will magically start to materialize in Elon’s account soon. :whew:
@ROFL_GUY , @Tommy Knocks I called it.

Those funds came out literally less than 24hours after my post. Rather than handle this themselves, the govt has put the hopes of US tech dominance
in Elon's hands. One man vs all of China :francis:

Link-> -> SpaceX gets $886 million from FCC to subsidize Starlink in 35 states – Ars Technica

SpaceX gets $886 million from FCC to subsidize Starlink in 35 states

View non-AMP version at arstechnica.com

starlink-forest-1-800x600.jpeg

Starlink satellite dish and equipment in the Idaho panhandle's Coeur d'Alene National Forest.
Wandering-coder
SpaceX has been awarded $885.51 million by the Federal Communications Commission to provide Starlink broadband to 642,925 rural homes and businesses in 35 states. The satellite provider was one of the biggest winners in the FCC's Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) auction, the results of which were released today. Funding is distributed over 10 years, so SpaceX's haul will amount to a little over $88.5 million per year

FCC funding can be used in different ways depending on the type of broadband service. Cable companies like Charter and other wireline providers generally use the money to expand their networks into new areas that don't already have broadband. But with Starlink, SpaceX could theoretically provide service to all of rural America once it has launched enough satellites, even without FCC funding.

One possibility is that SpaceX could use the FCC money to lower prices in the 642,925 funded locations, but the FCC announcement didn't say whether that's what SpaceX will do. We asked SpaceX and the FCC for more details and will update this article if we get any answers. Starlink is in beta and costs $99 per month, plus a one-time fee of $499 for the user terminal, mounting tripod, and router

This man must single handedly counter all that 6g development that China has undertaken AND get the west back into space:wow:

Yall better get in the cut. I cant wait for that ipo stock release on SpaceX.:mjlit:.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ROFL_GUY , @Tommy Knocks I called it.

Those funds came out literally less than 24hours after my post. Rather than handle this themselves, the govt has put the hopes of US tech dominance
in Elon's hands. One man vs all of China :francis:

Link-> -> SpaceX gets $886 million from FCC to subsidize Starlink in 35 states – Ars Technica

SpaceX gets $886 million from FCC to subsidize Starlink in 35 states

View non-AMP version at arstechnica.com

starlink-forest-1-800x600.jpeg

Starlink satellite dish and equipment in the Idaho panhandle's Coeur d'Alene National Forest.
Wandering-coder
SpaceX has been awarded $885.51 million by the Federal Communications Commission to provide Starlink broadband to 642,925 rural homes and businesses in 35 states. The satellite provider was one of the biggest winners in the FCC's Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) auction, the results of which were released today. Funding is distributed over 10 years, so SpaceX's haul will amount to a little over $88.5 million per year

FCC funding can be used in different ways depending on the type of broadband service. Cable companies like Charter and other wireline providers generally use the money to expand their networks into new areas that don't already have broadband. But with Starlink, SpaceX could theoretically provide service to all of rural America once it has launched enough satellites, even without FCC funding.

One possibility is that SpaceX could use the FCC money to lower prices in the 642,925 funded locations, but the FCC announcement didn't say whether that's what SpaceX will do. We asked SpaceX and the FCC for more details and will update this article if we get any answers. Starlink is in beta and costs $99 per month, plus a one-time fee of $499 for the user terminal, mounting tripod, and router

This man must single handedly counter all that 6g development that China has undertaken AND get the west back into space:wow:

Yall better get in the cut. I cant wait for that ipo stock release on SpaceX.:mjlit:.
i'll eat indirectly because of my 30 tesla stocks :mjlit:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
China is disgusting..

They need their population reduced by at least 75% for the world to be safe.