• New York City

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
Nah don't give em the benefit of doubt. If they don't know, they shouldn't speak on it.

The thread premise is trash from the beginning considering OP asked about New Yorks "downtown" and only mentioned Manhattan. That was his first mistake. Growing up in Queens, I key on that shyt when outsiders care to voice their opinion on my city.

When people talk about "NY" I force them to specify the borough of Manhattan so that they can immediately come to the realization that, in order to make a city to city comparison fair, I have to pretend that 4 other geographic locations of immense economic power and social capital don't exist.
especially since brooklyn alone is creeping up on chicago:lolbron:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Nah don't give em the benefit of doubt. If they don't know, they shouldn't speak on it.

The thread premise is trash from the beginning considering OP asked about New Yorks "downtown" and only mentioned Manhattan. That was his first mistake. Growing up in Queens, I key on that shyt when outsiders care to voice their opinion on my city.

When people talk about "NY" I force them to specify the borough of Manhattan so that they can immediately come to the realization that, in order to make a city to city comparison fair, I have to pretend that 4 other geographic locations of immense economic power and social capital don't exist.
You're a sensitive clown

the reason downtown is in quotation marks to begin with is because Time Square isn't DT NY and Chicago central business district is refereed to as the "loop"

I swear you sensitive ass NY nikkas ruin every thread with your complainin

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs

You're a sensitive clown

the reason downtown is in quotation marks to begin with is because Time Square isn't DT NY and Chicago central business district is refereed to as the "loop"

I swear you sensitive ass NY nikkas ruin every thread with your complainin

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they're both cool for different reasons

chicago is cleaner thanks to its alley system and wider streets, it has a more gothic theme, the river, the el circling the buildings downtown which is unique, better parks and green spaces, better organized
ny downtown ( or i guess lower manhattan) has a lot; its gritty, dirty, its colorful , very international, eclectic, chaotic, crazy etc etc,

they're both pretty busy and crowded esp in the summer(ny is a bit more crowded) but you can tell the city of chicago was much better planned than Manhattan and ny in general.

chicago has better views of its skyline from a distance, in ny the only good view is from brooklyn.

But i'd rather live in DT Manhattan since DT chicago is mostly offices and skyscrapers. Lower manhattan actually has residential blocks.

If you want a true urban living experience in chicago you gotta go a little bit outside of downtown.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Was just doing this a few days ago

c9JoqrMh.jpg

Oh yeah

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
didnt vote because I never been to ny and have no intentions of ever going. I see no point in going to a bigger, dirtier version of the same city when there's so many other places you can visit but one thing I'll never get sick of is kicking it downtown Chicago Saturday nights in the summer.

You can just ride, listen to music, sip with ya girl or whoever and find whatever you're tryin to get into.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:pachaha:At "beach". We have real beaches in our city. I'm dead at what you land locked nikkas call a beach. If y'all want to compare fake beaches we have La Marina and there's no place in Chicago that's fukkin with that

Who the hell brags about NY dirty ass beaches:mindblown:

Last edited:

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
didnt vote because I never been to ny and have no intentions of ever going. I see no point in going to a bigger, dirtier version of the same city when there's so many other places you can visit but one thing I'll never get sick of is kicking it downtown Chicago Saturday nights in the summer.

You can just ride, listen to music, sip with ya girl or whoever and find whatever you're tryin to get into.
This is the goat date :banderas:

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
Lmao @ fake beaches

nikka we got 10 beaches along the shore line out here :pachaha:

U can pick and choose which one depending on what vibe u want