Chicago Sun Times names "OBlock" Most Dangerous Block in Chicago

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:leon: Took long enough

I know a lot of U of C students were getting robbed left and right on Cottage . A few of the foreign students got killed too :mjcry:

Imagine If the city actually won the Olympic Bid, You already know investors would be looking at all that land like :shaq::win:

hell there probably wouldn't be an "o-block". All the nikkas would've been directed out to Cal City or somewhere out there

man the ENTIRE washington park area would have undergone regentrification due to the amount of money that would have been pumped into the area.

I can see how the U of C kids get robbed. they are naive. and don't know that once you cross cottage grove going west or past 61st going south, shyt ain't sweet no more.

I'm tellin you I see some of those kids running around washington park at night, and that shyt is not really safe. especially for a woman by herself.

I run on the U of C campus all the time all the way east to the lakefront, but I don't really like to run in washington park unless its day time cuz it's too dark there.

also, if you're walking down 55th street trying to get to the green line over on calumet, you gotta walk thru that dark park to get back east to hyde park. not the greatest idea IMO.

I'd rather just get off the green line train 55th and take the bus east or take the red line to 55th and take the bus.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
in the BX nikkas would only target college students who were black or hispanic, cause they knew if they robbed a white kid the cops would swarm the neighborhood within minutes. pretty fukked up to go after your own people cause you know the cops wont give a shyt

U of C is damn near an ivy league school. it's mostly whites and asians there with absolutely no street smarts. I see them walking around totally naive as to where they are. like they don't even realize that they are on the south side of the chi.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in the BX nikkas would only target college students who were black or hispanic, cause they knew if they robbed a white kid the cops would swarm the neighborhood within minutes. pretty fukked up to go after your own people cause you know the cops wont give a shyt

yeah thats fukked up. The thing is Most students regardless of color are gonna call the cops if something like that were to happen. But yeah,a yt kid getting robbed would be lie front page news lol.

, over At University of Chicago (which is right by Oblock) everybody and anybody can get and has gotten robbed.

I remember a couple yrs ago, one of my co-workers was planning on going there. I had to get her hip to the game b/c a lot of students there are a bit sheltered and never really needed an street smarts, so they're like walking licks to the wolves :demonic:.

Not to mention, this particular girl was from a rural small town in South Carolina.

She ended up choosing a different school BTW:ld:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
"300 and Oblock we coming

Them the hoods and I been that since a youngin..."

-Words of a lost soul

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's not just the city either, I swear there have been like 3 or 4 murders that I've heard about in like the last 3 months within a few minutes of my house... and I stay 25/30 minutes south of downtown

:wtf: