CHICAGO MIGRANT CRISIS: MAYOR ORDERS HIRING FREEZE TO ADDRESS BILLION DOLLAR BUDGET DEFICIT

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I literally know a Venezuelan woman who just told me she's saving up to make the trip.

I tried to talk her out of walking, She said she's gonna try to get her Moms to send her passport from Venezuela so she can fly to Cancun instead of walking from Colombia.

Told her about if she crosses through Texas she'd probably be sent to New York or somewhere sleeping on the street.

These people are desparate and determined They don't want to hear shyt.

This is the second person who told me they were gonna go don't know what happened to the first one.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They crossed the border illegally. They are illegal. You don't just get to cross into America and skip the line
:beli:Then how did they get processed into the system to then be bussed to Chicago? They here pending asylum claims. Those crossing through non-ports of entry have been getting plucked since May

The Biden administration Tuesday announced its most restrictive border control measures to date, issuing plans for a temporary rule that will penalize asylum-seekers who cross the border illegally or fail to apply for protection in other nations they transit on their way to the United States.

Under U.S. immigration law, migrants fleeing persecution can request asylum regardless of how they arrive on U.S. soil. President Joe Biden’s rule, which could become active in May and expire after two years, would presume asylum ineligibility for those who enter illegally. The penalty would make it easier for the government to deport border-crossers who express a fear of harm, potentially reducing the number who are allowed into the United States pending a hearing in swamped U.S. immigration courts.

Circumvention of lawful pathways made flagrant border crossings without proper procedure negatively affect asylum eligibility and they immediately get sent back. In fact, its been challenged in court since it worked so well.

The regulation presumes most migrants are not eligible to apply for asylum if they passed through other nations without seeking protection there first, or if they crossed the border illegally instead of arriving at a designated port of entry.....
Through September, 12% of migrants who had applied for an exception under the rule had received it, Boynton said.

But that statistic merely shows that the vast majority of migrants are being barred from even being considered for asylum because of the way they entered the U.S., in violation of immigration law, ACLU lawyer Spencer Amdur told the court.

In October 2023, the U.S. Border Patrol recorded 188,778 encounters between ports of entry along the southwest border, a decrease of 14% from September 2023. CBP’s total encounters along the southwest border in October were 240,988, a decrease of 11% from September 2023.

Among CBP’s 240,988 total southwest border encounters in October 2023, encounters of family unit individuals decreased by 14% and encounters of unaccompanied children decreased by 16% from September. Additionally, encounters with single adults also decreased by 7%.

On October 5, DHS announced that the United States would begin to return Venezuelans back to their home country. On October 18, DHS conducted the first removal flight to Venezuela and flights have been taking place regularly since then. CBP encounters of Venezuelans at the southwest border dropped 65% from October 15-30, compared to September 15-30.

So, without going even deeper into this:

-They are being deported, but the political stunt has people thinking they are just kicking up their feet.
-Crossings have dropped and unless the Circumvention rule gets struck down in court, they kick people out who cross illegally.
-The migrants here that are still coming are here legally and there is a giant backlog of cases. 3 Million and counting: Receipts
-International agreements about Asylum are different from immigration. There is no line skipping when its two different systems. Sure, asylum claims are being abused BUT they are being shipped right back as we speak but the media doesn't report that part. Just like they probably don't mention we don't have Venezuelans sleeping on the ground outside of police stations anymore.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bigger focus on migrants is just a way for the politicians to take the focus off of them for the underlying issue to people's grievances which is the ever increasing income & wealth inequality gap between the upper and lower class as well as having a system that has discrimination baked into its core.
Exact same situation as the Guilded Age, but we added an extra layer to it by meddling with other countries governments leading to more people wanting to leave to come here.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Mexico really needs its ass kicked with their relaxed visa policy.

It's all fun and games till these travelers start deciding to stay in Mexico.

They like to disparage skilled or retired gringos flooding the coasts or cdmx, but wait till they have a pileup of mostly unskilled Latin American laborers and other random people from around the world.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Mexico really needs its ass kicked with their relaxed visa policy.

It's all fun and games till these travelers start deciding to stay in Mexico.

They like to disparage skilled or retired gringos flooding the coasts or cdmx, but wait till they have a pileup of mostly unskilled Latin American laborers and other random people from around the world.
Thousands of Haitians live in Mexico,legally.. Tijuana at that

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
They know exactly what they doing.
And these posters will work to get those BLACK politicians out of office

Imagine "blk posters" taking part in a campaign to get rid of blk politicians

Imagine "blk posters" taking the side of the republicans in chicago, and willing to get rid of all the democratic politicans

Imagine "blk posters" that are campaigning to "close the borders"

Most importantly, as you point to, BLAMING the blk politicians.
That is key.
Exactly they got more smoke for those city mayors instead of hot wheels chair and pudding fingers. Can't imagine siding with cheap labor / illegal immigrant trafficking politician cacs:mjpls:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I literally know a Venezuelan woman who just told me she's saving up to make the trip.

I tried to talk her out of walking, She said she's gonna try to get her Moms to send her passport from Venezuela so she can fly to Cancun instead of walking from Colombia.

Told her about if she crosses through Texas she'd probably be sent to New York or somewhere sleeping on the street.

This is the second person who told me they were gonna go don't know what happened to the first one.

Please tell that bitçh to stay where she’s at

There’s nothing here. NYC is jam packed and a lot of migrants are on the subway aggressively selling candy with babies strapped on their backs. This is common. The men get odd jobs delivering food on bikes. And there’s no apartments for them so you can maybe get into a hotel shelter or a “bed” inside one of them giant tents.

Plus it’s cold so she will die in Chicago with y’all winters

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

I was in one of the towns and seen a buncha nikkas on a pick up truck finna make that journey
:mjlol: :blessed:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Chicago is going to dump these people into the West and South Suburbs. They already are. This year my school district which is 30+ minutes out of the city had to approve a certified bilingual ELA teacher due to the influx of migrants. Parents and kids are pulling up to public schools that don't speak any English, registering at schools that don't have the adequate staff to serve them.

This also impacts the school's performance because the standardized tests are essentially in English. So without additional support many schools accepting these kids are going to get fukked for bad test scores.
The buses from Texas have now started dropping migrants off in various suburbs in the area. Saw a story where they stopped at a gas station in Kankakee, told the migrants they were in Chicago and then the drive pulled off.

:dead:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The buses from Texas have now started dropping migrants off in various suburbs in the area. Saw a story where they stopped at a gas station in Kankakee, told the migrants they were in Chicago and then the drive pulled off.

:dead:
This may lead to the adoption of similar bussing regulation as Chicago given enough time. If Cook County can't foot the bill for ever increasing migrant numbers, the suburban collar counties definitely won't, and having them send them over to Chicago won't fly for long. A lot more convos can be had with a burb than another state entirely.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
These big cities are never prepared for anything.....When covid hits..."we are in a crisis". When migrants hit...."we are in crisis"...even when it gets too cold..."we are in a crisis". Like what on earth is going on? They want the average american to be prepared for everything when it comes to education, healthcare and housing.....but with all their resources they fall to their knees when they are under pressure.....fukk the goverment....All them taxes being paid and nothing in return....this shyt is a scam.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps

Several members of the Chicago City Council are blasting Mayor Brandon Johnson’s plan to allocate $95 million of COVID emergency funds to help address concerns about migrant housing in the city.

Johnson said that the decision came because of a budget surplus, and that he has authority as mayor to defer federal COVID funds toward the migrant crisis, but several members of the council disagree.

We’re playing a shell game with millions of dollars, while the people of Chicago are hurting,” Ald. Anthony Beale said. “COVID relief money was supposed to go toward relief for the people of Chicago, not migrants who are migrating to our city. It is supposed to help businesses, people who lost loved ones, and resources we lost during the COVID pandemic.”

:dry: