Chicago Blackhawk fans ejected after heckling Capitals' Devante Smith-Pelly with "basketball" taunt

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
devante-smithpelly-021818-usnews-getty-ftr_1u3nafrh33j9d1wh1ws32bzqlv.jpg

Four spectators were ejected from Chicago's United Center Saturday after heckling Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly while he was in the penalty box.

Officials heard fans taunting the 25-year-old Toronto native by repeatedly yelling the word "basketball." The implication is that because Smith-Pelly is black, he should be playing on the hardwood instead of the ice.

"There's absolutely no place in the game of hockey or in our country for racism," Capitals coach Barry Trotz said following Washington's 7-1 loss to the Blackhawks. "I think it's disgusting."

Smith-Pelly, who had 12:50 of ice time Saturday, heard the taunt and got up to confront one fan through the glass but was quickly turned around by the penalty box attendant.

"Athletes in our country don't deserve that," Trotz added. "It just shows ignorance."

Chicago fans ejected after heckling Capitals' Devante Smith-Pelly with racist taunt

King Poetic

A.K.A. Curve
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southern California
I hate when white people in the stands try to play it off like they didn't say anything and get shook when a athlete confront them

Like Barkley said athletes should be able allowed once a game to go up in the stands and beat a fan ass...

White fans will become much quiet knowing a nikka like Z BO or James Harrison might come in the stands

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Situations like these are a direct result of Trump's position in office

Trump's existence and openness has given the green light for whites to express their true feelings in settings in which they normally would remain silent
You think overt racism just started in the last year and change, my dude?:gucci: