No love for the Making the Band sketch?
k6go.png
tumblr_mlkvtrGZDD1qc8qobo1_500.gif

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
This was freshman year in college...Chapelle Show was must see viewing for everybody on my floor

Rick James skit
Sesame Street skit
Prince skit
Wayne Brady skit

Chapelle is my personal GOAT comedian, amazing that it's truly been 10 years

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
This was freshman year in college...Chapelle Show was must see viewing for everybody on my floor

Rick James skit
Sesame Street skit
Prince skit
Wayne Brady skit

Chapelle is my personal GOAT comedian, amazing that it's truly been 10 years
Dave really only had like 3 bad skits imo everything wqs just hilarious.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I'm not trying to be cool I knew it was coming. I remember watching Chris Rock's Oprah interview when he was talking about why he cancelled his HBO show after winning all those Emmys and having one of the highest rated shows on the network. He said the show stopped being fun for him and started becoming more like a job. He started the show just for shyts and giggies with his friends. He didn't expect it to get so big, and when it did his friends started leaving and did other things and more business people started taking over. When that happened Chris said it stopped being fun and it felt morel like a job so pulled the plug.

Same shyt happened for Dave Chappelle. I knew after that Rick James sketch that he reached his peak and them white folks are gonna try and take control of it..which is why he pulled the plug when he did..
Man please, I'm tried of hearing the "the white man was gonna take control of it" bullshyt. No they weren't. Chappelle could do what the hell he wanted with that show. He never even claim to leave for that reason but nikkas stay saying that shyt. :wtf:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Man please, I'm tried of hearing the "the white man was gonna take control of it" bullshyt. No they weren't. Chappelle could do what the hell he wanted with that show. He never even claim to leave for that reason but nikkas stay saying that shyt. :wtf:

He pretty much DID leave for that reason...he left because he started realizing that he was literally playing into the sterotype of how white america sees a black man. He even said that when he did the black face sketch he noticed one of the white dudes on set was laughing a little too hard at what he was doing which left him like :wtf: And thats when he realized that shyt was becoming a little too real. He even said that he felt paranoid that them white folks wanted to control him when they gave him that big ass contract. Which is why he ran off to Africa...

That's what Chris Rock saw coming when them white folks started slowly coming in on his staff...which is why he pulled that plug..

and y'all can believe me or not..but I knew the show wasn't gonna last long after that Rick James sketch...it is what it is :yeshrug:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
i thought the prince one was way funnier. That basketball and pancakes gets me every time :russ:
but my top 3 skits
- mad real world
- prince ep
-wayne brady (prob first time wayne brady had an ounce of street creed lol)

Me too. The Computer Blue play call :heh:

My Top 5.
- Wayne Brady
- Black Bush
- Prince
- Rick James
- Racial Draft

Mentions: Wrap It Up Box and Nick Cannon taking all his roles.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He pretty much DID leave for that reason...he left because he started realizing that he was literally playing into the sterotype of how white america sees a black man. He even said that when he did the black face sketch he noticed one of the white dudes on set was laughing a little too hard at what he was doing which left him like :wtf: And thats when he realized that shyt was becoming a little too real. He even said that he felt paranoid that them white folks wanted to control him when they gave him that big ass contract. Which is why he ran off to Africa...

That's what Chris Rock saw coming when them white folks started slowly coming in on his staff...which is why he pulled that plug..

and y'all can believe me or not..but I knew the show wasn't gonna last long after that Rick James sketch...it is what it is :yeshrug:

im not gonna lie...that pixie skit had me dying when i watched it but i can see how he felt some type of way about it