Chappelle's Show "Rick James" Sketch 10 Years Old Today

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
When I saw this sketch I :dead: but then I quickly realized that it was the beginning of the end for Chappelle's Show. I knew he reached his peak and after that I knew it was going to be down hill. And i was right :sadbron:
nikka stop trynna sound cool, you ain't know how shyt was Finna break down for Dave. :camby:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
How is this overrated
ADKN09f.jpg

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
clayton bigsby and the mad real world were always the 2 funniest sketches. the celebrity ones just got quoted more.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Funniest skit of all time. I've never laughed so hard. I remember hearing "I'm Rick James bytch" watching the preview of the Rick James skit at the end of the previous episode so I made it my AOL Away Message. Who knew it would blow up like that...

UNITY

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
nikka stop trynna sound cool, you ain't know how shyt was Finna break down for Dave. :camby:
I'm not trying to be cool I knew it was coming. I remember watching Chris Rock's Oprah interview when he was talking about why he cancelled his HBO show after winning all those Emmys and having one of the highest rated shows on the network. He said the show stopped being fun for him and started becoming more like a job. He started the show just for shyts and giggies with his friends. He didn't expect it to get so big, and when it did his friends started leaving and did other things and more business people started taking over. When that happened Chris said it stopped being fun and it felt morel like a job so pulled the plug.

Same shyt happened for Dave Chappelle. I knew after that Rick James sketch that he reached his peak and them white folks are gonna try and take control of it..which is why he pulled the plug when he did..