Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There's 8 teams that haven't played basketball since March. I like the MLK start but I think basketball is back by Christmas

Yeah it can't be discounted that teams that didn't go into the bubble and the teams that lost early in the bubble, had an extended offseason already.

Plus covid was essentially an offseason anyway. So I don't think Silver really cares about how much rest they are getting.

If players decide to do what LeBron is rumored to do and really does take the first month of the season off and comes in late I think he or other players should be allowed to do that if they want, but fukk it let the show continue. :yeshrug:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are they having the draft so late? It should be a week earlier. So you can start free agency earlier if you plan to start the season in late December.

Draft is usually a week or two after the Finals. Why are they waiting more than a month? Coulda had the draft a week or so ago and then started FA in November. What exactly are they waiting on? This makes no sense. But then you wanna turn around and try to rush into a new season :dahell:

There's 8 teams that haven't played basketball since March. I like the MLK start but I think basketball is back by Christmas

Becuase they sucked. Every team that was even remotely competitive and relevant was invited to the bubble. With the exception of the Warriors these are all teams that frankly don't matter like that and need to just get in where they fit in.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Draft is usually a week or two after the Finals. Why are they waiting more than a month? Coulda had the draft a week or so ago and then started FA in November. What exactly are they waiting on? This makes no sense. But then you wanna turn around and try to rush into a new season :dahell:

Becuase they sucked. Every team that was even remotely competitive and relevant was invited to the bubble. With the exception of the Warriors these are all teams that frankly don't matter like that and need to just get in where they fit in.

okay it looks like they want negotiate a cap before they proceed

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

IIRC they pushed it because teams were asking for more time so they could get guys in for workouts and in-person interviews

As for the second part, I don't think that's how it works realistically. If the majority of players want to play, they'll be playing regardless of what the top stars want.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Elton should sue the Sixers tomorrow. Typical good ol’ boy BS. How long are we going to pretend Morey is good at his job?