Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I don’t think they really have the assets to get a big star like that. They’ve got good role players but no attractive young piece that another team could build around

Jrue would be a great fit but the Pels could probably get better offers

Would Derozan work on that squad?

Gordon Hayward :mjgrin:

I think all these are ok options but not bow out of the Giannis sweepstakes options, esp if it's just a 1 year wait.

Like with Jrue, his selling point is being a facilitating pg that can also score. But Luka gon have the ball in his hands 90% of the time. Hayward is an upgrade over Kleber but i dunno if a cac trio of Luka, Unicorn, and Captain America-lite puts you over the top. DeRozan is a more natural/hungry scorer than Jrue and Hayward that Luka can feed, but shoots like shyt from 3.

I guess it'd depend on what exactly they'd have to give up for any of these players. Esp if no true star players are realistically available.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Makes way more sense. Been saying this since the season ended.

It's might not work the league will miss out on 500 million, couple that with the 1.5 billion they lost this last season. This will be either starting in December or its gonna get ugly.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Why are they having the draft so late? It should be a week earlier. So you can start free agency earlier if you plan to start the season in late December.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's might not work the league will miss out on 500 million, couple that with the 1.5 billion they lost this last season. This will be either starting in December or its gonna get ugly.

Time will tell. A lot of players were against coming back for the bubble too, but once the league showed them the financial hits they were gonna take, they caved.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Time will tell. A lot of players were against coming back for the bubble too, but once the league showed them the financial hits they were gonna take, they caved.

There's 8 teams that haven't played basketball since March. I like the MLK start but I think basketball is back by Christmas