Chaos in the Middle of a Pandemic: 2020 NBA Off-Season Thread

Daps
So Melo is seriously a #1 pick?

He better than all the dudes in this draft?
Better is relative.

The one thing he has over the other prospects is he has an elite tool (playmaking), whereas none of the others do or have shown enough to say they do.
Well he’s a good fit for minn
It's not a particularly good fit at all. He makes Dlo redundant.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Better is relative.

The one thing he has over the other prospects is he has an elite tool (playmaking), whereas none of the others do or have shown enough to say they do.

It's not a particularly good fit at all. He makes Dlo redundant.
He allows Dlo to simply concentrate on scoring which he is much better at then initiating the offense

Daps
He allows Dlo to simply concentrate on scoring which he is much better at then initiating the offense
I don't even know what this means.

Dlo needs the ball in his hands to be effective. You put LaMelo on that team and that significantly reduces Dlo's effectiveness. It also puts the T'Wolves in a further defensive deficit, which is really the last thing they need right now. They're both pretty much of the same stock, which is why it isn't a good fit; there's absolutely no contrast there, which is what you need in your backcourt.

And to piggyback off that: it's the reason why Dlo is a 6th man. His style of play and ability aren't conducive to winning as a starter. He's best served in a spot where he can come off the bench and provide quick buckets and keep the runs ticking over.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I don't even know what this means.

Dlo needs the ball in his hands to be effective. You put LaMelo on that team and that significantly reduces Dlo's effectiveness. It also puts the T'Wolves in a further defensive deficit, which is really the last thing they need right now. They're both pretty much of the same stock, which is why it isn't a good fit; there's absolutely no contrast there, which is what you need in your backcourt.

And to piggyback off that: it's the reason why Dlo is a 6th man. His style of play and ability aren't conducive to winning as a starter. He's best served in a spot where he can come off the bench and provide quick buckets and keep the runs ticking over.

he shared the ball with dinwiddie in Brooklyn and did fine

I’d rather this than edwards at this point...

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kemba’s value might be at his peak right now for the duration of that contract

I don’t think we HAVE to move him but I can def see them drafting a high upside pg

if you can turn Kemba and Hayward into holiday and Turner you prolly gotta do it... especially if you can somehow keep at least that 14 pick

But why would New Orleans want Kemba? Why would they want a 30 year old PG on a max contract with a bad knee, especially when their core players going forward are all 23 and under and the team isn't close to contention?

Daps
he shared the ball with dinwiddie in Brooklyn and did fine
Dlo started 81 games
Dinwiddie started 4 games
They only played 11 minutes per game together (that's around 35% of Dlo's total minutes), which was the team's 41st ranked two-man lineup in minutes.

So no, they didn't share the ball, because they both typically weren't on the floor together.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Kemba’s value might be at his peak right now for the duration of that contract

I don’t think we HAVE to move him but I can def see them drafting a high upside pg

if you can turn Kemba and Hayward into holiday and Turner you prolly gotta do it... especially if you can somehow keep at least that 14 pick
Holiday ain’t it keep Kemba.