Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
They should just have Okoye take the mantle. She was already running Wakanda and T'Challa's stand-in in The Avengers when he was snapped away during End Game. nikkas need to stop acting retarded about the MCU Black Panther required to be a man. Okoye getting the mantle pretty much changes nothing in the MCU.

Okoye could take the mantle, I'd be fine with that because it would make sense, MCU's version of Shuri, not so much. She damn near makes doing an Ironheart series redundant because she has more in common with RiRi Williams than she does her own comic counterpart. Killing off T'challa after just returning from the snap after 5 years only to have someone who has not shown themselves to be a warrior leapfrog Okoye or even Nakia for the mantle is dumb, but they aren't fan favorites.

And how does he die? Who catches that body and makes themselves forever irredeemable? Namor? Doom?

Wack......

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
T'Challa is just a character. There have been countless Batmen, Supermen, etc. They switched out Ed Norton for Mark Ruffalo with the Hulk and Don Cheadle for Terrance Howard at the beginning of the MCU.
Bruh, Hulk and Rhodes? I didn't realize those were beloved characters and roles where the previous actor died of cancer :skip: it wasn't even a universe at that point. The Norton movie they wanted to bush and it aint even really talked about :mjlol: there also hasn't even been a Hulk movie since. Those characters never interacted with the rest of the MCU, appeared in other films

There have not been countless batmen, supermen, etc. in the same universe to my knowledge, they do a reboot.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Bruh, Hulk and Rhodes? I didn't realize those were beloved characters and roles where the previous actor died of cancer :skip: it wasn't even a universe at that point. The Norton movie they wanted to bush and it aint even really talked about :mjlol: there also hasn't even been a Hulk movie since. Those characters never interacted with the rest of the MCU, appeared in other films

There have not been countless batmen, supermen, etc. in the same universe to my knowledge, they do a reboot.

val kilmer and george clooney were the same batman, and brandon routh was supposed to be the same character as christopher reeves superman

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps

Chadwick wasn't that beloved until he died breh. Michael B Jordan stole the first movie.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chadwick wasn't that beloved until he died breh. Michael B Jordan stole the first movie.
Ok breh, foh :mjlol::duck:
Now you're talking out your ass, dude couldn't escape his T'Challa role no matter how much he wanted to. Literally one of the most iconic film roles in recent years and extremely beloved

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The responses to this thread illustrate why they made this decision.

I was always cool with them replacing Chadwick, but people have a borderline irrational connection with Chadwick and that character so there’s nothing to be gained by pissing off your fans. :yeshrug:

I still think it’s a retarded decision. It would be surprising if Chadwick would even approve of discontinuing the TChalla character, as most of the cast viewed the movie as bigger than one individual.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Ok breh, foh :mjlol::duck:
Now you're talking out your ass, dude couldn't escape his T'Challa role no matter how much he wanted to. Literally one of the most iconic film roles in recent years and extremely beloved

He somewhat has a point though. I remember people complaining about T’Challa being boring and watered down compared to his portrayal in Civil War and how he was outperformed by nearly everyone in his own movie. Killmonger and Okoye were really the best characters in Black Panther and now that Chadwick is unfortunately dead most people seem to have a change of heart about his character and don’t want the role to be recast.

Last edited:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He somewhat has a point though. I remember people complaining about T’Challa being boring and watered down compared to his portrayal in Civil War and how he was outperformed by nearly everyone in his own movie. Killmonger and Okoye were really the best characters in Black Panther.
Other characters outperforming him and niche criticisms mean nothing in the sea of love for T'Challa and how identifiable Boseman was as T'Challa :usure:
Folks gotta remember, Black Panther one of the most successful films of all time. Only Avengers films in the MCU outgrossed Black Panther. Chadwick's T'Challa is iconic.
So many youngins look up to T'Challa and see Boseman as him. Damn near synonymous for a lot of people

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Other characters outperforming him and niche criticisms mean nothing in the sea of love for T'Challa and how identifiable Boseman was as T'Challa :usure:
Folks gotta remember, Black Panther one of the most successful films of all time. Only Avengers films in the MCU outgrossed Black Panther. Chadwick's T'Challa is iconic.
So many youngins look up to T'Challa and see Boseman as him. Damn near synonymous for a lot of people
you're doing too much. Black Panther was a success mainly because the movie was "black excellence" ALL AROUND. Chadwick Boseman alone did not have the starpower by himself to push a movie into the all-time stratosphere. It was a combination of black people in front of and behind the camera AND the connection to the MCU. But yeah, you're doing too much. Killmonger was the talking point after BP came out. People were writing articles about his character and having debates and shyt.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
you're doing too much. Black Panther was a success mainly because the movie was "black excellence" ALL AROUND. Chadwick Boseman alone did not have the starpower by himself to push a movie into the all-time stratosphere. It was a combination of black people in front of and behind the camera AND the connection to the MCU. But yeah, you're doing too much. Killmonger was the talking point after BP came out. People were writing articles about his character and having debates and shyt.
Of course you'd write articles about Killmonger, what else is there to write about? He raises the questions that you'd write about. I'm not saying Boseman made the film what it was, I'm saying he's the star of one of the most successful films of all-time, and in this black excellence film he is our hero. He is the face, especially moving on into the rest of the MCU. He's the one walkin through that portal in Endgame. You gotta consider the wide base Marvel appeals to. 10 year olds are idolizing T'Challa and see Boseman as synonymous with him, not Killmonger on some Malcolm type shyt. And cacs aren't fukkin with Killmonger like we do, they're riding for T'Challa.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Excellent. Lofty shoes to fill anyway. Who would want to be compared to this brotha after that performance? Kinda like Ledger and the Joker. Gotta let it breathe for a little while...

And Disney+ need to stop playing and get these Marvel shows going. Thats what I paid the money for smh
breh t'challa ol captain save a cracker ass nikka.. that performance was forgettable..

now michael b jordan.... deserved a oscar

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
They should just have Okoye take the mantle. She was already running Wakanda and T'Challa's stand-in in The Avengers when he was snapped away during End Game. nikkas need to stop acting retarded about the MCU Black Panther required to be a man. Okoye getting the mantle pretty much changes nothing in the MCU.
M'Baku could challenge her authority, and become Man Ape.
:ohhh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also the man just died anf they are trying to film it by this summer . It’s too soon to recast . It’s either shelve rhe movie or do this

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
With the multiverse stuff they’ll likely pull a TChalla from an alternate universe if they don’t pass the mantle to someone else.