Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther character T’Challa will not be recast, Marvel confirms

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps

not bodybuilding per se (kinda?). I wanted to compete in the show last just one time. I was at 80% Andriea Brazier, she was my inspiration. Then life and 2nd round of school took over

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
They’re either going to give the mantle to Shuri (which is the likely scenario) or bring back a new and improved multiverse Killmonger and have him become Black Panther.

I personally think they should of recasted. T’Challa is too important within the MCU and killing him off so soon isn’t right nor is it respectful at all to Boseman’s legacy.
I agree bro.Kilmonger becoming Black Panther would be wild.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is wack as fukk, and most of these fans campaigning to end T’challa are cacs thinking they’re doing us a favor. Chadwick knew that this role was bigger than him

He would have had to be a selfish prick to want to end the character just because he couldn’t be the one to play him, and it didn’t seem like he was the selfish type given how he lived the last couple years of his life.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
They should just have Okoye take the mantle. She was already running Wakanda and T'Challa's stand-in in The Avengers when he was snapped away during End Game. nikkas need to stop acting retarded about the MCU Black Panther required to be a man. Okoye getting the mantle pretty much changes nothing in the MCU.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Means T'Challa is gone, not the Black Panther. There have been many BPs. T'Challa was only one of them. You just saw in the last movie how someone can lose the BP mantle.
T'Challa aint fukking gone though... RIP to the homie that played him but there's nonreason to dead T'Challa too :camby:

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
This is dumb as fukk. T'challa is a character that existed before Chadwick. When Christopher Reeves was paralyzed they didn't put Clark Kent to rest.

This is just an excuse for them to table a strong masculine black male lead so they can shoehorn in their feminist/LBGTQ agenda.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
I’d still like to see another black superhero from Wakanda.

Make Winston Duke get into shape, and make him leave the Jabari, and be Black Panther, or another character.

:manny:
I think it'll be his little sister, but it'd be dope to see Duke step up. Blend the size and strength of the Jabari with the mobility of the Panther :wow:
He's got durability to take hits that the suit will absorb and bounce back :wow:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This film is going to fail it will not do numbers thanks to you Shea Butter Negros on Twitter. T'challa is not dead and his character should be continued

I will not watch this Movie because it's not a Black Panther Movie

They should call this film Wakanda

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
They should bring Killmonger back through one of those chambers they put Bucky in and then spend a whole movie redeeming him and ultimately ascend him to the throne...

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
This is dumb as fukk. T'challa is a character that existed before Chadwick. When Christopher Reeves was paralyzed they didn't put Clark Kent to rest.

This is just an excuse for them to table a strong masculine black male lead so they can shoehorn in their feminist/LBGTQ agenda.
I didn't realize Christopher Reeve existed with a massive cinematic universe on the scale of Marvel :unimpressed:
They didn't make another Superman movie for 20 years after the last Reeve one iirc, they let that shyt breathe before just putting someone new into the role, at which point it makes sense it'd be a different guy. Also Superman isn't a mantle to be passed on like the Black Panther. There can be multiple Black Panthers, but there's only one Superman.

I'd like to see another black man keep the role of Black Panther, I like the thought someone else said here of Winston Duke stepping into the role and be a Jabari Black Panther, but your comparison is just off

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I didn't realize Christopher Reeve existed with a massive cinematic universe on the scale of Marvel :unimpressed:
They didn't make another Superman movie for 20 years after the last Reeve one iirc, they let that shyt breathe before just putting someone new into the role, at which point it makes sense it'd be a different guy. Also Superman isn't a mantle to be passed on like the Black Panther. There can be multiple Black Panthers, but there's only one Superman.

I'd like to see another black man keep the role of Black Panther, I like the thought someone else said here of Winston Duke stepping into the role and be a Jabari Black Panther, but your comparison is just off

T'Challa is just a character. There have been countless Batmen, Supermen, etc. They switched out Ed Norton for Mark Ruffalo with the Hulk and Don Cheadle for Terrance Howard at the beginning of the MCU.