CBS used to love posting sports violence in their intros

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I've never seen a sport where fans boo'd when a scuffle or fight broke out.

But yet these leagues will try to tell you fans hate seeing it.
I think these leagues, perhaps the NBA more than other leagues, have this platonic ideal of a fan that lives in middle America, owns his home, is married, makes good money, is white, etc. So they're constantly walking this tightrope between trying to attract this fan and keeping the predominately black players appeased.

I think that's why the dress code came about and why the reaction to the malice in the palace was so strong; they're worried about scaring away this platonic ideal of a fan. But for a lot of these people there's nothing that's going to get them to watch short of a cornfrd whiteboy balling out on some CC shyt.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
How are you blaming women for this :dead:

Especially when these sports have alwyas had women watching for a while

Pretty sure malice at the palace + concussion lawsuits in the NFL is what caused this
Dude, this started WAAAAAAY before the concussion lawsuits.

This has been the Disneyfication of ESPN.

It's just like their movies, their movies always have to have a female superhero who's more powerful than everybody else.

All those self-righteous, uppity hoes like Sarah Spain, Michelle Beadle, Cari Champion, Jemele Hill, and Molly Qerim were always complaining about every fukking thing.

Sports have to appeal to those types now.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it CBS that used to show LT on the pursuit right before he sent Theismann’s leg to the bushes as part of NFL coverage? Or was it someone else. If you old enough know how that snippet ended :russ:.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Was it CBS that used to show LT on the pursuit right before he sent Theismann’s leg to the bushes as part of NFL coverage? Or was it someone else. If you old enough know how that snippet ended :russ:.
CBS was about the beats. shyt got really Disney when the NBA took over NBC Sports covering the game. Then everything became a figure skating presentation with Bob Costas poetry. :camby:
Selling jerseys and apparel really ruined how the game got advertised

Last edited:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More violence for you….this time from ABC and “the agony of defeat”

Every opening you looked forward to seeing dude get fukked up. :russ:

When NBC allowed the NBA to do its own broadcasting of sports, everything changed.

This is why I laugh when people don't have Marino in their top 5 or better 🤣🤣😂😂