What's next,Perfect Strangers?

ALF: back from Melmac
noproblem.png

:francis:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanna know why the only black show we got back is thats so raven and its really not even that black anymore smh.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I want to say Marsha Warfield has passed. I don't know about Bull. Did they bring Dan back?
The main cast of Night Court still alive but it would make no sense that they are still working Manhattan Night Court 30 years later. But if they could make sense of that, don't know why any of them wouldn't do it.

What's next,Perfect Strangers?
the seeds have already been planted for Perfect Strangers with "The Leftovers" and Jimmy Kimmel

mark-lynn-baker-on-the-leftovers.jpg

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
is there no original content out there? or are they too p*ssy to take a risk?

There is absolutely original content but it's being ignored because entertainment, in general, is heading towards pacifying nostalgists. And the reason it's headed that direction is totally about dollars. You see so many remakes because the company who owns the intellectual property wants to make money off the old shows/film/magazines/comics etc AND hopefully make money on the new one at the same time.

It's also worth noting that Murphy Brown isn't currently streaming. That library is almost sure to land somewhere in the run-up to its TV return — and the price tag on those 247 episodes should prove to be a lucrative side effect of this revival.

'Murphy Brown' Returning to CBS With 13 Episodes

The timing is also right. They're trying to cash in on the 'feminism' wave. So why not heat up leftovers for the audience?

The sad thing is that feminists I know are furious over this for good reason. While Murphy Brown was a groundbreaking show, a lot has happened since then. Newer writers, diverse writers have taken ideas from then and taken them to the next level. Why are they not getting shows? No one is saying that Candice Bergen shouldn't have a different show in 2018 but redoing an old show keeps the intellectual/societal needle from moving forward, especially when it has to do with issues around feminism. It's the nonthreatening way of making entertainment and cashing in on feminism while actually being anti-feminist. And I totally agree.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
That rotting cac Moonves thinking that because W&G is the highest rated comedy on NBC anything will stick :bryan:

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
@stomachlines , your thoughts on 1960s Candace Bergen please

Yeah as others have said, because she was seen as a feminist icon (Although if you go back and watch the first season, she was pretty much an a$$hole to the other women on the show so:mjlol:. Show treated Corky like an airhead and I cant remember how much she progressed over the decade but I reject that 1980s white woman feminist trope of a$$hole to others means strong )

I'd rather see it rebooted for 2010s tough, who'd you cast:jbhmm:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines , your thoughts on 1960s Candace Bergen please

Yeah as others have said, because she was seen as a feminist icon (Although if you go back and watch the first season, she was pretty much an a$$hole to the other women on the show so:mjlol:. Show treated Corky like an airhead and I cant remember how much she progressed over the decade but I reject that 1980s white woman feminist trope of a$$hole to others means strong )

I'd rather see it rebooted for 2010s tough, who'd you cast:jbhmm:

Just googled pics of her from back in the 70's, she was a good looking woman in her prime.

I was a kid when the OG Murphy Brown was coming on, I remember my mom watching the show but I'd have to revisit it to really get a better view of the show.