winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you really can't believe this.

NSA says otherwise.
You honestly thinks the NSA can crack the encryption on an iPhone that Apple who made it can’t crack? The same government that begs them to put in a back door?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You honestly thinks the NSA can crack the encryption on an iPhone that Apple who made it can’t crack? The same government that begs them to put in a back door?
Well, that's not quite the same thing. Whether or not they can "crack" the encryption has no bearing on whether or not they will TRY to crack it. Or rather, if they will they invade your privacy despite the hurdles supposedly put in place to stop them, i.e. the regulations that we you were referring to earlier. A lot of what we are talking about when we are talking about the invasion of privacy isn't necessarily protected behind some sort of encryption.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
mbl2.png

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
no one cares, they are pretty blatant with this type of shyt now and everyone's response is always "well they got my phone anyway :manny:"

it's crazy how easily we just surrendered all privacy so quick without a fight. we used to be scared of this as a society, they used to make dystopian horror books and films about it lol. nixon would've ate in this era

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
LOL. That sounds a bit naive, but I understand what you mean. Some years back I had a conversation with some guy about duckduckgo. He was like "They don't spy on you, they don't track you, blah blah blah". I told him, yeah they do. They can tell you they don't but they do. He says nah, I can pull the website up now. It says it right there. They are all about privacy.

They only thing I could do was go :comeon:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
no one cares, they are pretty blatant with this type of shyt now and everyone's response is always "well they got my phone anyway :manny:"

it's crazy how easily we just surrendered all privacy so quick without a fight. we used to be scared of this as a society, they used to make dystopian horror books and films about it lol. nixon would've ate in this era

And how do you supposed we fight it?

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
Thats why people shrug it off now, we all realized its way bigger than us, we don’t even know how to fight it anymore. Remember when everyone was fighting net neutrality?
I think the truth is that people don't give a fukk about privacy if it means making their life even slightly more convenient. tech's argument is "if you don't consent then don't use it" but people are gonna cop that iphone, apple watch, alexa, smart car, smart tv, tik tok, instagram, etc no matter what. every week all these apps and devices roll out a new TOS that basically says we're monitoring and selling more of your info and we all just skip and hit agree

so people just don't think/care about it, create convenient excuses like "well I'm not doing anything illegal anyway" and get defensive when people like dude in the video bring it to light. I'm definitely guilty as well, it's just crazy to think how fast we got here

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the truth is that people don't give a fukk about privacy if it means making their life even slightly more convenient. tech's argument is "if you don't consent then don't use it" but people are gonna cop that iphone, apple watch, alexa, smart car, smart tv, tik tok, instagram, etc no matter what. every week all these apps and devices roll out a new TOS that basically says we're monitoring and selling more of your info and we all just skip and hit agree

so people just don't think/care about it, create convenient excuses like "well I'm not doing anything illegal anyway" and get defensive when people like dude in the video bring it to light. I'm definitely guilty as well, it's just crazy to think how fast we got here

Well that is the scheme behind it. I buy a new game and you gotta read and sign an entire disclaimer before you play it now so they can do anything they want after that point, im not NOT gonna play elden ring cause blah blah blah

Its all by design, theres no fighting it unless you just want to check out completely

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Unfortunately you're right. The majority of people don't read the terms and conditions and click yes.

I remember when Facebook changed it's privacy policy. I read that shyt which said that they could give my info to the FBI & CIA. Seeing that I am not a US citizen that was a breach of my privacy. I deactivated my Facebook account as a result.

Most of the smart features of my TV I decline. However kids who are born from 1999 onwards live in a society where being online is the norm.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Remember when people were so worried about Kinect being a privacy and security risk?……

Then people ran out to buy a iphone, a tesla, google assistant, ring camera, open a tik tok account, and buy shyt from Wish and Temu.

Crazy :wow: