Cars are privacy nightmares that spy on owners

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Heard about this in the early 00s thought I was trippin'.
Smart features doing what smart features supposed to.
They got some other reports out there saying the same thing.
Don't remember them though. Article link:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There are regulations in place there and you can opt out. Especially on web sites and smartphones. You have control over what data they can collect and share.
LOL. That sounds a bit naive, but I understand what you mean. Some years back I had a conversation with some guy about duckduckgo. He was like "They don't spy on you, they don't track you, blah blah blah". I told him, yeah they do. They can tell you they don't but they do. He says nah, I can pull the website up now. It says it right there. They are all about privacy.

They only thing I could do was go :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
LOL. That sounds a bit naive, but I understand what you mean. Some years back I had a conversation with some guy about duckduckgo. He was like "They don't spy on you, they don't track you, blah blah blah". I told him, yeah they do. They can tell you they don't but they do. He says nah, I can pull the website up now. It says it right there. They are all about privacy.

They only thing I could do was go :comeon:
On my PC I can opt out of cookies and delete them. I can use different browsers. On my iPhone I can opt out of much of the tracking. I can also delete cookies.

Basically a car tracks you and there isn’t anything you can do about it. You buy a modern car and there aren’t any opt outs or measures you can take against it. They’re actively spying on you building a profile on you and selling that data and the data they collect is not necessarily secured either.

I mean in that video there are disclaimers that say these car companies have the right to spy on consumers sex lives. What business you go to what time you go there patterns in the places you go and times.

I’m not stupid I know mobile phones collect data on users even if they opt out but those companies are limited to what they can do with that data if they don’t want to get sued unless you agree to terms. With these cars your purchase itself is considered the agreement. You don’t get to say no beyond that.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
On my PC I can opt out of cookies and delete them. I can use different browsers. On my iPhone I can opt out of much of the tracking. I can also delete cookies.

Basically a car tracks you and there isn’t anything you can do about it. You buy a modern car and there aren’t any opt outs or measures you can take against it. They’re actively spying on you building a profile on you and selling that data and the data they collect is not necessarily secured either.

I mean in that video there are disclaimers that say these car companies have the right to spy on consumers sex lives. What business you go to what time you go there patterns in the places you go and times.

I’m not stupid I know mobile phones collect data on users even if they opt out but those companies are limited to what they can do with that data if they don’t want to get sued unless you agree to terms. With these cars your purchase itself is considered the agreement. You don’t get to say no beyond that.
Like I said, I understand what you are saying in regards to this specific topic in terms of the cars. There is at least some semblance of regulation in place for those other avenues of the internet, but none at all in terms of cars. It just sounded like you had full faith in those regulations. Which when you say it out loud, sounds naïve.